“Still holding their own”
Review of Carolina Brewery

Carolina Brewery
Ranked #29 of 312 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I was in college when I started going here, when it was new, almost 23 yrs ago.. Now it’s every 3-5 yrs. We stopped in for lunch and loved it. The food was the best it’s ever been. I love the menu updates while still holding on to traditional staples like bbq and Brunswick stew. It’s still got the same great atmosphere too. Well done!

Reviewed 3 February 2018

My husband and I go to Chapel Hill once a year for a basketball game and always eat at Carolina Brewery so we can ride their Carolina Blue bus to and from the game after we eat. This year they have really updated the building and the menu and it is WONDERFUL!. Of course, the beer is still the best around and we can even buy it in SC at Bottles.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

we had lunch at this restaurant the service was excellent we were seated right away our waitress was friendly and efficient, we had burgers and pork sandwiches, i had the local burger it was really good, i would highly recommend it. and would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is open and airy. Small garage doors for window covers. We are not beer drinkers so we could not really partake of what is probably their strength.

Staff was friendly and prompt. Good took a bit long especially since it was not crowded.

I went with my wife and 15 year old. I got the NC pork bowl, my wife got the barbecued chicken salad and my son got the chipotle chicken bowl. They both loved their meals and would rank them as 5/5. My food was fine and good portion but too sweet which is just a personal thing.

It's a nice place to grab a bite and a beer. But has mainly pizza and burgers. If you are picky go somewhere else. Probably really nice in warmer weather.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Stopped by right after the UNC Invitation track meet and had a great fish and chips dinner - excellent service and great selection of beers - where you can sample each and everyone before your final selection. Plenty of large screen TV's to watch all the sports local and national