“I Chose the Wrong Entree!”

Tarantini Italian Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 324 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Ok, I know this Italian restaurant has great reviews. And, yes, I realize not everything on the menu is of equal quality. Still, I chose the veal marsala. The veal was thick [should be thin], and it was not tender [as it should be]. Everyone else at our table seemed happy with their meals.

I'm writing a negative review because I want them to change the source of their veal!! That simple.

The service was very good; the wine are both reasonably priced and fairly represent Italian viticulture.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Homemade Marinara, pizza just like I remember from Boston's North End, and delicious salad. The eggplant and parmesan dishes are very good as is the pasta. The marinara makes the meal in my opinion. The ambiance is typical for a higher end Italian restaurant-white tablecloths and napkins, candles on each table- and makes for a nicer experience than what is available around the Triangle.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

My husband and I found Tarantini by accident. Were looking for a good Italian restaurant in Chapel Hill, and had trouble finding parking down town. Went online and found Taratini's. It's a great space, out of town, which makes parking a pleasure. Food is fantastic. Fresh, generous servings. Great wine list and wait service is terrific. Ambiance is classy but cozy. We have had nothing but great experiences every time we've eaten there. Salmon dish-delicious. All past dishes are terrific. Their marinara is so tasty, and their creamier sauces--light but flavorful.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Having lived in Italy and grown up with Italian cuisine, I know how to judge Italian food.
This little place rates with the best.
It's elegant, quiet and nicely laid out. We saw no sign of children - a BIG PLUS for us,
The drinks were excellent (Dirty Martinis from Oscar) and the food superb.
We started with the calamari.
I had the mushroom ravioli, my Lady had the chicken picata.
Both dished superb.
We visit Chapel Hill often and this restaurant is on our "must visit" list.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I like the place, very white table cloth kind of place. Portions are not huge, but adequate I was not crazy about the rosemary in the lasagna, just slightly over spiced in general. Slightly heavy with the pork mix, but overall ok. Everybody, everywhere, seems to be looking for secret recipes, special spices, new takes on classic dishes, my own private take. I still like fresh tomatoes, homemade marinara, great cheeses, on so on. Everybody says local and fresh, but it usually is not. Tarantini is very good. They deserve their good reputation. I secretly long for great...