“Unexpectedly tasty Singaporean food”
Review of Merlion - CLOSED

Merlion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I'd been craving Hainanese Chicken for the longest time since I started college, and was pleasantly surprised that there's actually such a place in Chapel Hill that serves it. It's a tad bit expensive but worth the trip in my opinion. Portions are pretty big though the chicken could be a little dry sometimes, and the char kway teow is nice.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

Tried several offerings on the menu. Good Singaporean food. Great atmosphere. A little bit on the expensive side.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Relatively good Singapore food. Mee goreng, curry chicken, char kway teow are relatively authentic but the portions were huge. The chicken was not as tender as that in Singapore. Similarly, for the satay, the meat was too tough. The dumpling skin was a little too thick. Good service.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

we have never been disappointed. And the service is always so personal. Nice place to have a light meal. very exquisite

Reviewed 16 July 2015

We ordered too much food for lunch, The money pouches were great, The Stuffed You Tiao was fab but a bit too rich for me as a starter. I had the Laksa, not to spicy at all very fragrant, My wife had the Hokkien Noodles which were phenomenal, half way through we traded, all the food going out around us looked great, In fact after writing this I may go back tomorrow. BTW service was great too