“Best roast chicken”

Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken
Ranked #20 of 523 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 1 July 2018

The chicken is sooo good. The sides not soo much...some are OK some not my favorite. But I only come here for the chicken anyways.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I had your catered rotisserie chicken served at the Carolina Theater last month. It was so flavorful that I couldn't get a second helping because it had run out! I enjoyed that chicken so much that I finally convinced my husband to order some at the Cary location near our home. Unfortunately, nothing was as expected. We were charged for a half chicken when we ordered the 1/4, one of the chickens was very fatty and greasy. We both concluded the properly prepared bird must be Durham and we will got out of our way and get it there.

Alpaca C, Admin at Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Customer,
We apologize for the delay in response. I'm sorry your experience at Alpaca Cary was not a pleasant one. At Alpaca we strive to give everyone a 5-star experience anything less does not meet Alpaca's standards. I would like to invite you back for a complimentary meal for you and your husband at any location. Please send me your information at info@alpacachicken.com and I will personally arrange something special for you. We look forward to your response.
Best regards,
Cindy

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We got carryout here, but the restaurant was packed. We had never been to this restaurant before - it's a small place on the corner of a strip shopping center. You order in line, and in many cases see your chicken being cut before your eyes. The food was good, but the portions were on the smaller side.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I ordered the 1/2 chicken with fried yuca and beans with rice. The chicken was pretty tasty, though the white meat was a little dry. I have no idea what the yellow sauce is, but I put some on the white meat and whew, it was delicious!! The sides were very good as well. I had the chi cha morada as my beverage. I’d never heard of it before, so they let me taste it. It was quite different. I liked it.

One of my friends had the fried rice which she very much enjoyed. The other had the lomo saltado. He too enjoyed his dish.

The price is very reasonable for the amount of food.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

The chicken here is fantastic! It has so much flavor - with the green and white sauce, to die for! The black beans were very good. Go early if you are heading for lunch because after 11:45am, it get really busy!

Been to Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken? Share your experiences!