“Hoppin' place on a Saturday night”

Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken
Ranked #19 of 509 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 4 February 2018

We got carryout here, but the restaurant was packed. We had never been to this restaurant before - it's a small place on the corner of a strip shopping center. You order in line, and in many cases see your chicken being cut before your eyes. The food was good, but the portions were on the smaller side.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I ordered the 1/2 chicken with fried yuca and beans with rice. The chicken was pretty tasty, though the white meat was a little dry. I have no idea what the yellow sauce is, but I put some on the white meat and whew, it was delicious!! The sides were very good as well. I had the chi cha morada as my beverage. I’d never heard of it before, so they let me taste it. It was quite different. I liked it.

One of my friends had the fried rice which she very much enjoyed. The other had the lomo saltado. He too enjoyed his dish.

The price is very reasonable for the amount of food.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

The chicken here is fantastic! It has so much flavor - with the green and white sauce, to die for! The black beans were very good. Go early if you are heading for lunch because after 11:45am, it get really busy!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

The chicken is fantastic. The sides I've had have been really great, too. I've stopped ordering any of their daily "plate" specials because they are almost always served with dark meat, which I find too greasy.

They've started reducing portion sizes a bit. I noticed this most with the black beans. When I first started going I would order beans & rice and get a 50/50 mix. Now, the amount of beans they give with it aren't even a full ladle. You end up with a lot of dry rice. I just shuck out the extra dollar or so for a large order of beans, but it's a bit annoying to see that change.

The atmosphere is like a fast food restaurant; a cafeteria line to pick up your food, soda machine to get your own refills. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to keep in mind if you're looking for ambiance.

1  Thank dnwho
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The chicken was very tasty. I did not like the sides that they offered. The atmosphere reminded me of Moe's as it was mainly counter order and self serve.

1  Thank Mac D

Been to Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken? Share your experiences!