“Quiche is amazing!! ”

Cafe Carolina and Bakery
Ranked #55 of 524 Restaurants in Cary
Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

This is one of my favorite lunch spots. Great sandwiches and soups and the broccoli cheddar quiche is perfect!!! They also have a bakery and coffee where you can grab a sweet treat to go. Word to the wise - if you are going for lunch try to go at 11:45 or 1:00 to miss the crowd. Otherwise it may be difficult to find a table at all. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cafe experience. Service is quick and food is delicious.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

Liked the Offerings for such a casual place. It was clean, the food was homemade, the coffee was good and we didn't have to wait! It was a Sunday, brunch time and were told we'd have a 45 minute wait at the nearby Flying Biscuit...I was happy with our second option and had absolutely no wait. You have to place your order and then they call you when it's ready...so there's no table service, but the booths were comfortable the coffee good as was the food. I was disappointed we couldn't get into the biscuit, but the Carolina café really surprised me with good food, great service, everyone there was really friendly and it was noisy as the biscuit was when we went in to put our name...so..all good!

1  Thank loraine60
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Everything is fresh and tasty, with polite quick service, and the dining area is much larger than what you first see when you enter. Very tasty muffins and cupcakes!!

Reviewed 9 December 2014

I read al the great reviews here, and the soups looked great on the online menu.

I had waked by last evening and thought the pace looked inviting, so I was not at a put off by comments that it was a "ladies' lunch spot". It looked bright and cheery. Not a sports bar to be sure, nor were there waitresses in T-shirts and shorts. But the environment woud not keep me from going back alone, or with male colleagues.

But I am not apt to return.

I ordered a bowl of the Loaded Potato Soup. Is was a solid OK. Unexceptional. I'd hoped for more. And the presentation in a plastic disposable bowl did not equal the photo in that online menu.

Likewise the Turkey Berry Panini was not at all noteworthy. Another soid, "OK".

If I was in the immediate neighborhood, hungry and in a hurry for something better than McDonalds I might go back.

Or drive to the nearest Panera.

One thing did put me off though.

I arrived a few minutes before 7 PM. I checked and closing is scheduled for 8. So I thought I could enjoy my meal, and perhaps read a bit of the paper.

But before my order was ready they were turning chairs up on tables. In the FRONT of the house, not the back.

I rather quickly ate my soup and had my sandwich wrapped to go. I was not made to feel welcome. Had I arrived ony a few minutes later I woud not have even waked in.

Perhaps that's what the staff wants.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

The food is good and service fast but its definitely geared towards a ladies lunch. I feel okay going in with my wife but its not somewhere I'd go by myself or with other male colleagues for lunch.

Been to Cafe Carolina and Bakery? Share your experiences!