“A Thai surprise in Carolina Beach!”
Review of Ida Thai Cuisine

Ida Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I am a big fan of Thai food, and was surprised to find an excellent, owner-run Thai restaurant in Carolina Beach. There are plenty of delicious choices for a vegetarian (but perhaps not for a vegan). All their fish choices are fresh caught. The service is not particularly fast, but I think it is because everything is made to order. The wait-staff is friendly and helpful.

We have been going to Ida Thai’s now on every beach trip since we discovered it about 5 years ago. It doesn't disappoint.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I was driving through just checking out the area. Saw this restaurant and decided to give it a try for lunch.

Walking in it was wonderful! Great aromas from the food cooking in the kitchen started my mouth watering! A small seating area, very clean and fresh.

I started with Tom Yum Goong soup. Very tasty! Then off to the races with perfect springs rolls. Followed that up with Pad Prik Pao. Also very good!

If you like thai food you cant go wrong stopping in!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

While the physical restaurant itself looks a bit rough around the edges, the food was reasonable and delicious. I love Thai food and have enjoyed it in many different locations. My husband ands I decided to make our dinner out of a variety of appetizer plates. Many restaurants seem to use pre-prepared components, but these seemed to be made in house, with complex flavors and great sauces to accompany them. The squid was by far the most succulent and tender I've ever had. The service was prompt and very welcoming. Lesson: don't let a rustic facade put you off!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

do you want a small authentic family run restaurant? this is a local
favorite. it's small and you simply won't get in during the summer
tourist season. you might get in during off hours though. we only
go in the off season. our favorite is the basil duck (not the sweet
pineapple duck) with vegetables. yes, they have brown rice and
vegetarian dishes. this is really the place to go. our waitress, m.j.,
is a real sweetie. you just can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

My wife and I ate dinner here and were quite impressed. She had the spicy basil noodles with chicken and I had the sweet and sour noodles with chicken. The food was delicious and very large servings. We ate at the outside area because we had our dog with us and our server was very accomodating.