“A Gem in Canton, NC”
Review of Southern Porch

Southern Porch
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Canton
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you want history, comfort, and good food, take a day trip, or go down the street, to the Southern Porch in Canton, NC's old, historical Imperial Hotel on Main Street. Convenient parking in a free public lot across the street. A refreshing change in menu and location from the nearby larger towns.

Check out their well-done website for menu, directions, hours of operation, and history of the Imperial Hotel.

A trip to Canton, and Southern Porch, is not just about history, the restaurant serves great food by owners with plenty of restaurant experience at previous good locations in the area. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Seating for a meal in the bar area or the restaurant area. Outside seating available during good weather.

We had the fish and woodchips with slaw, and it was very good and a plate full of food. Full service bar and locally made craft beers available.

The Southern Porch is an excellent location for good food, some history, and entertainment during certain evenings. Check out their schedule. A great asset for the town of Canton.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Well worth the short drive off the interstate, past all the fast food! We ordered the Shrimp n Grits and the Cheesesteak - both were delicious and the sweet tea so good I had to ask where it came from (a local roaster).

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Ok everyone reads my reviews they know I love alcohol But this food is amazing My favorite is the pot roast it is the best . best salmon Greens Cabbage Love love the food you have to go if you are in Canton Monty Is an awesome bartender and the women are so busy and always have time to say Hello to me !!! historic beautiful old hotel you have to see it go in and Tell Monty I said hello !!! My husband takes me here alot you will love it .

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by this gem! Great service, great food! We really enjoyed our experience!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

It was good, the staff was accommodating, food was good, will try it again. A little different in how they bring the food out. The pricing is good, but, we were a party of 8 and they do not tell you that the gratuities are already added in. Which is okay, but, you should be told. Also, as a side note the ladies restroom toilet did not work (only have 2) and I mentioned it and they were like yes we know. But, all in all it definitely is a family friendly place and we will give it another try. THanks