“Great day to see dolphins! ”

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We went on a two hour dolphin watching tour and it was great! The captain (Jason I believe) was very friendly and knowledgeable. We saw tons of dolphins and really enjoyed the day. The crew was very helpful as well.

All reviews
"octopus"
"office staff"
"my dad"

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The staff is so sweet and nice. My daughter and brother went fishing the day before and we all went dolphin cruising today. They talked to my daughter abput her time yesterday making sure she fully enjoyed it. We received a history lesson on the way out to see dolphins. Very interesting. They know their stuff and all are very knowledgeable about everything they do. When we first went a few days ago to book the trips they even pulled up the weather to let us know what day would be best for fishing. Greg and Jason were great!!!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Scheduled the trip for a private charter for 6 hours (Just enough). Our Captain was Braxton, very knowledgeable and explained the instruments that he was using (I was curious). When I first saw the boat, I thought it was way to big for us, and looked little old.

Once we were out in the ocean, it was perfect. We trolled and caught a chestful of Spanish Mackerel, then went out further to fish the bottom. There we caught an octopus, flounder, a small shark, and about 50 black bass (we kept 10 large ones for dinner).

The water was so clear, we saw a Cobia (I thought was a shark), playing around our bait for about 5 minutes).

It was nonstop action, we threw a ton of fish back. When we got off the boat, Tyler got some of our catches cooked up, and all I can say is life changing good. (a step up from Smack your Momma good).

I can not wait until I come back in two years to go again.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had a group of family members meeting in Myrtle Beach for a family vacation. Several of us wanted to go on a deep sea fishing trip. I contacted Calabash on Wed, July 5, to book a fishing trip for Tuesday, July 11. I spoke with a very nice lady and booked a private charter for 7 people. The only thing required to hold the trip was my credit card, but we were not charged. Also, I didn't receive a confirmation number or any communication, other than verbal for the trip. We were to depart at 8, she informed me that we should arrive at 7:30. Our group of 7 arrived for our private charter and we were informed that the Miss Calabash had already left for a private charter at 6 that morning. We were offered a trip on the head boat, which has over a 100 person capacity. We were given the bargain rate of $40 per person. We accepted since we were already there and ready to fish. The fishing trip was horrible!! Out of the approximately 30 people on board, there were only 3 fish caught that were keepers. There weren't many more even caught at all. Our deck hand Tyler did his best to keep up and help everyone, but that was too many people for one person to handle. This was such a disappointment, since we were expecting a more personalized experience. Some of our the people in our party only came on the vacation for the fishing. It really ruined what should have been a great time for everyone. I understand that there is never a guarantee that fish will be caught, but with a smaller boat, and longer fishing time (as the one we originally booked), you have more options and can visit more fishing holes. Calabash should re-visit their policies and perhaps implement some software solutions to avoid this happening in the future.

1  Thank justme601