We were looking for an affordable and decent place to stay for a weekend fishing trip and we found it here. We liked this place very much. Excellent location and the rooms were very clean. The staff were very nice and you couldn't beat the price.
We opted for a room without a view (over looks the parking lot) however we could still see the sound from our second floor deck and if we peeked around the corner of the building we could see the ocean.
In the room we had a king size bed which was very comfortable, a coffee maker, mini fridge and a microwave. All clean and in working order.
It was too cold to swim but they had a very nice pool and hot tub. Also, there is a nice fish cleaning station with running water and light. Unfortunately we didn't get to use it.
This hotel sits right on the beach but after the recent storms, the beach has taken quite a beaten and most it has been washed away. However, a little further down the beach seems to still be usable.
The internet was a bit spotty but I was there to fish the surf not the internet so it didn't bother me too much.
All in all we found this hotel to be a great place to stay and we will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nowhere will you find a more delightful combination of beautiful vacation rentals seashore wonders, and southern hospitality, all within the shadow of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse than at Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging. Located on the oceanside village of Buxton, North Carolina, our beachfront campus offers some of the best views on Hatteras Island!Many of our guests have made us their annual retreat of choice because we have everything you could need for a great Hatteras vacation: convenient Cape Hatteras lodging, great in-room amenities, a location that couldn’t be any closer to the beach and sound, exceptional surf fishing, a host of exciting water sports, and, of course, the majestic Cape Hatteras Lighthouse for a fun sightseeing opportunity.We offer a wide variety of Buxton vacation rentals, from motel rooms to efficiencies to beach cottages. Whether you’re planning a quiet getaway for two, a fishing or water sports escape, or a full-blown multi-family and friend Cape Hatteras beach vacation, we can make it all happen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging Hotel Buxton
- Lighthouse View Oceanfront Lodging Buxton
- Lighthouse View Hotel Buxton
- Light House View Motel