All reviews grocery store old gray house the outer banks hatteras island deluxe room ice machine pet friendly room short drive nice pool easy access owners and staff fridge and microwave a great place to stay coffee pot full kitchen laid back angie
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I spent two nights here during height of summer tourist season, in Mid-August 2018. I was lucky to get the room for two nights, although I was hoping for a weekend, but they were booked thru the weekend, not surprisingly. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights here. I stayed in Room 26 in the back of the motel off a side street. Easy access to Route 12, the main highway along the Outer Banks, The motel is older, and definitely has been around for many years, but I was pleasantly surprised by the clean, modern rooms and furnishings. The bed was VERY comfortable. Nice clean bathroom, plenty of counter space. There was a small refrigerator, and microwave. FlatScreen TV with DirecTV Satellite, bringing in good variety of cable and Norfolk TV channels. The motel is VERY convenient to Cape Hatteras National Seashore, and Lighthouse. Great beaches for swimming or fishing. Easy access to Ocracoke Ferry, just a few miles down the road. Several restaurants and pubs within easy 5-10 minute walk, although there are no sidewalks, so walking at night not recommended. The swimming pool was very refreshing, and spotlessly clean. I spent two afternoons there just relaxing and chatting with other visitors.
I highly recommend this place for a few days while enjoying the Outer Banks, but recommend you reserve well ahead for summer. And, the price couldn't be beat...Other motels nearby are nearly twice the price but not as good a value. Owners are very friendly and pleasant and will steer you in the right direction for local attractions and activities. Some of the rooms are pet-friendly and I noticed a few dogs around, but they were well-behaved and quiet. I hope to return again next year, as I found the entire Outer Banks area very pleasant, laid back and relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank versdeguy
Angie R, Owner at Cape Pines Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

From the comfortable bed to the convenient location -- it sounds like you found everything you need here. We can't thank you enough for this kind review and recommendation! It's always a pleasure to be a part of vacation like yours. Hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back next time.

Until then,

Reviewed 14 August 2018

My wife, along with our dog, checked in to the Cape Pines Motel on August 1 for an 8-day stay. The room was clean, spacious, and included a small kitchenette, with a large, well-kept pool right outside our door. We were a five-minute drive to the beach, close to restaurants, and a supermarket was directly across the street. I can't recommend the Cape Pines enough. The owners and staff and were very friendly and helpful and as a bonus we had the opportunity to meet some nice fellow vacationers and their dogs.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank remycat57
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and we give it high regards. Our room was #7. It was pet friendly and in the courtyard across from the pool. It was the last room left, and although we did not have a pet, we decided to give the room a try. Wow! I never would have guessed it was a pet friendly room, as it had no traces that pets had previously stayed there. No smell, or stains. Our room was immaculate and homey. Hotel looks a little dated from the outside, but inside it is updated and clean! We recommend this motel highly. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. You could tell that your comfort and needs were their top priority. You would never get a personalized stay like this at a chain hotel. Our impromptu trip was great and WE WILL BE BACK! Thank you Cape Pines!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Angie R, Owner at Cape Pines Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

We're thrilled our room went above and beyond your expectations! It's awesome you felt right at home right away. The comfort of our guests is so important to us, so we're delighted that came across loud and clear. Thanks for spreading the word, and we hope you'll be back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is older but is well kept. The rooms were large and nicely decorated. Staff very accommodating when we had to arrive unexpectedly late. The lighthouse is very close by if your plans include a visit to the Hatteras lighthouse.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Angie R, Owner at Cape Pines Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

It sounds like you found everything you could hope for here, and we're delighted to know you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thank you for sharing your experience. We'd love to welcome you back when you're ready for another getaway.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I planned poorly and ended up in Hatteras Island area late at night... with no lodging and other than a belly full of King Crab... no ideas either. I stopped and went through my phone and eventually found this hotel.. which ironically was just across the street from where I was parked in the local bank. I called, the owner answered and was VERY cool and VERY accommodating to me.. giving me a great deal. I was very happy, because now I didn't have to drive all the way back to the North Carolina mainland, but even MORE - now I could explore the area the next day. The hotel is quaint, well taken care of and very nice. Unfortunately, I was traveling alone after dropping off my son at DUKE University... the only thing to make it better was if my wife had been with me. I will take her there at some point!! Don't miss this GEM if you are traveling in the Outer Banks! A++ Loved it!

Room Tip: All of the rooms look great.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Angie R, Owner at Cape Pines Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Starting with king crab is a good beginning, and we're thrilled that we provided just the right happy ending to your night. It was our pleasure to get you into a room -- we're just glad you found us. We hope to have you and your wife for a stay soon!

Best,