“Delicious!”

Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rusty’s Surf & Turf is Buxton's neighborhood island bar & grill. They brings the bold flavors of the tropics to Hatteras Island. Owner Rusty Midgett left the island and honed his Restaurant and kitchen skills in some of Philadelphia’s best restaurants with top chefs in the industry. He is inspired in the kitchen by the places he has traveled on surf trips and by his training in classic French and Italian restaurants. Let him surprise you with creative yet simple preparations. Offerings on the menu include fresh fish, shellfish, all natural chicken, pork, steaks, and pasta in styles ranging from local to global, all served in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Chef Rusty and his team have the sources and knowledge to turn all of these dishes into mouthwatering creations that will please the whole family. The restaurant is fun and colorful with an ever changing local art collection. Rusty’s has a full bar featuring craft cocktails and craft beer.
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Ate dinner here on Tuesday - nothing but good things to say! Service was excellent, martinis were great, and everyone loved their entrees (chicken parm, shrimp and grits, and swordfish special). Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: August 2017
rustymidgett, Owner at Rusty's Surf & Turf, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for the great feedback! We are so happy you all enjoyed your dinner entrees and martinis! We cannot wait to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I cannot rave enough about Rusty's Surf & Turf. Fun, relaxed atmosphere, the food is top-notch, and the cocktails are wonderful! The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and I love that local artists are promoted, with their beautiful art always displayed on the walls. When I'm on vacation, I don't want chain food or kitschy places, serving fried everything. I want fresh, flavorful seafood; and given the superb quality of Rusty's food, I felt the prices were extremely fair. Looking forward to my next experience at Rusty's!

Date of visit: May 2017

Wow, what a great review! We are so grateful for our customers and it really makes our day when we see reviews like this! Thank you so much for acknowledging our efforts. We are very glad you enjoyed your experience. Looking forward to the next time you are in town :)

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Rusty' s is my favorite Restaurant in Buxton/Hatteras! I had the Brisket tacos so tasty, the beef was so tender! I always love the fresh seafood, wish I could cook it like that. BTW make sure to get hush puppies so tasty. Always make it a point to go there when ever I am on the OBX!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped for dinner today after a long day at the beach
The sign out front said large groups welcomed!
We had multiple family members from our of town totaling 14
The employees literally told us we were not wanted in their for dinner
Don't recommend visiting

4  Thank punkin3536
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We are a party of 14 walk in and the hostess say "oh we have no room for y'all... sorry we are under staffed"!!!
I get it Friday night we even asked to sit separate but she says she still could accommodate us!!!
If I was the owner she wouldn't have a job! Let's think about this a party of 14, let's just say the food is 15 bucks a plate.... you just let $200.00+ walk out the door!!!! Not only are we hungry but now we are upset!
So much for a nice family dinner.........

2  Thank Heidi G