“Very good and easy to find.”
Review of Sandbar & Grille

Sandbar & Grille
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Buxton
Price range: US$7 - US$42
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Description: We are a casual dining restaurant located on the Pamlico Sound in Buxton. We have been serving lunch and dinner on the Outer Banks for 18 years now, six in Hatteras until Hurricane Isabel took our building away, and then we blew up the road to Buxton for the last 12 years. At this time lunch is served daily 11:30-3, and dinner is served nightly at 5pm. All of our soups are homemade, we serve an assortment of fresh seafood daily, as well as sandwiches, steaks, ribs, and pastas. We have live music on the deck Thursday & Friday nights this summer. Hope to see you there!!
Reviewed 18 December 2017

The chicken BLT wrap and French fries were good; as was the beer-battered flounder. I really enjoyed the blueberry martini. Service was very good.

1  Thank leetl319

Reviewed 20 November 2017

After years of driving past the Sandbar and Grille during our visits to the OBX, we finally decided to try it out. I'm glad we did! Our food was very good and plentiful. Hubby had the shrimp and scallops - I tried one of the scallops, and it was so good and fresh! I had the flounder stuffed with crab. Oh my, it was good - the stuffing was full of crab; not just the pretend deviled crab in so many restaurants. It came with a lemon cream sauce - delicious! We left with full stomachs and smiles on our face. We'll be back! NOTE: Our server told us they will be closed for the winter starting the first of November and reopening in late February or March.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We always show up at The Sandbar...at least once during out trip to Hatteras. This trip was no exception. Our meal was exceptional this time. The locally caught tuna we had for appetizers was so amazingly prepared that we went back the very next night and made a meal of it. The service was so friendly, the dessert, as usual-outstanding. This is the place to order that dessert you always consider but rarely order. We took ours to go and devoured it when we got home, both nights. Amazing sunsets from this soundside establishment so get there early enough to see it. Not many eateries on the water around here... Alas, our favorite spot closed for the season, half way through our stay. We'll be back, next time. <3

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Went here with family during our vacation in Hatteras. We vacation in Hatteras quite often and it seems we always go to the Sandbar. This time we went for dinner. I had the broiled scallops and they were the best I have had in a very long time. My husband, brother and nephew all had the fried oysters. They were all happy with their choice. The oysters were fresh, fried perfectly and a large portion. If you are in Hatteras and like seafood go to the Sandbar the view is fantastic.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

From the service to the food, Sandbar has maintained its high quality. We ate here last week during our annual windsurfing week. The portions are huge and prepared perfectly!

The chowder was delicious with plenty of clams - not Manhattan or New England, but a tasty broth with the right balance of vegetables. The steamed shrimp and the battered fried flounder were tender and full of flavour. I had the 'Black n Blue' Prime Rib, huge steak covered with blue cheese, so big I took half home - delicious!