All reviews prime rib huge fireplace front porch historic lodge trout rocking chairs dining room is no air conditioning the main lodge family suite step back in time blt soup rustic charm board games halloween party wonderful porch lamb shank
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This beautiful historic and unique inn is where I long to visit every year. It wraps its warmth around you with its chestnut paneling, creaky floors, huge fireplace and excellent food. The Browns are special people who have run this jewel for decades. Most people return year after year. Yes, it is not for everyone, but if you love rustic, unique, cozy and charming, please try this lovely place when in the area. You will return!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

The Fryemont Inn was a perfect choice for our mini high school reunion. We stayed in the Cabin and thoroughly enjoyed the rustic 2 bedroom space. Breakfast and dinner were included in the rental. The food was delicious and the staff were fantastic. I felt like Grandma was serving me! Will definitely return to the Fryemont Inn! 5 Stars!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

This is a historic inn but it is not maintained. Steps are rotting coming in main entrance to restaurant. The old building smell hits you when you come in the door. Bark siding on outside is full of holes. Floors are so uneven it isn't safe. I can't imagine that some of the older people that go there don't fall. The bed was just an old cheap mattress with a topper on it. Not at all worth the $210.00 a night I just had to pay. You at least expect a superior mattress for that price. The landscaping outside is awful nothing but weeds. My husband and I were sorely disappointed, and if I hadn't already paid for my train ride the next day I would have left. Internet was only good in lobby not even on the porch, very limited range. Windows so crocked they would not open and had huge cracks around them. They are letting it fall down on their heads, you can tell they don't spend any money on maintenance.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peb1976
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The quaint Inn is rustic and has retained its charm from the 1920's. Accommodations are comfortable. The staff is very attentive to guests. Breakfast and dinner are included in the room rate. If the Lodge is too quaint the Fireside Suites will suit you well. We have stayed in the Lodge and the suites. The location is convenient to the Smokys and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Bryson City is charming with many activities. The Fryemont is a relaxing environment that enhanced our visit to the mountains.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This is our third stay at the Inn located in Bryson City. The historic inn has interesting rooms, a neat bar, lodge, and good restaurant.

Lots to do in the area with the Smokies, Nantahala Forest and Blue Ridge Parkway.

The house cat Pumpkin also adds to the appeal.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family