All reviews log cabin country breakfast biscuits the main house living room felt immediately upper deck made from scratch two story pancakes bed and breakfast downtown brevard wedding porch dean farms fireflies
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I have never enjoyed being at a bed and breakfast like I did at the Pines Country Inn. Everything was so clean, cozy, and welcoming. The food was absolutely delicious! Donya and her mother made us feel like family. Can't wait to go back some day! Super weekend that I will never forget!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Destination301134
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Came here due to hurricane evacuation. Just loved this place. Rustic charm. Terrific owners. Great breakfast. We especially loved the wonderful views over the valley farm land from the second story veranda. Price value is excellent. About a 15 minute drive from town but well worth the effort. We were in room 5 at the end of the hall, near the veranda.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I needed a quick romantic getaway. The cabin was set apart, quiet and with a spectacular view of the mountains. Dean and Donya provided great conversation and a fillng country breakfast. We will go back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This place is so beautiful that I would only be repeating what earlier reviewers have already said, so instead I'll mention some specific details that might entice new visitors. For the past eight years I've been renting some place for myself, my children, and my grandchildren to spend a summer weekend. The Pines Country Inn turned out to be among our very favorite locations. Since there were 13 of us, we rented all seven rooms in what's called Grandpa's Cabin. The building has five bedrooms upstairs (three with a double bed, one with two twins, and one with a double and a twin) and two bathrooms. Downstairs there are a fully-equipped kitchen, a living room with two sofas and two chairs, a screened porch, a bathroom, and two bedrooms (one with a double bed and one with a double and a twin). In short, this is a big old log cabin where my family felt immediately comfortable and at home.
Besides the cabin, the inn property includes the main house, several smaller cottages, and a few residences for the owners and workers. Our sumptuous breakfasts were served in the main house by the warmest, cheeriest crew you can imagine. All around the buildings are grassy fields and huge trees and flowering bushes and views of the not-so-distant mountains. And, best of all in the opinion of my two youngest granddaughters (12 and 13), there is an assortment of animals that guests are encouraged to enjoy. There's Lucy, a giant pig; Sebastian, a retired Nativity donkey; Beau, a retired police horse; some goats and chickens and cats; and an alpaca named Cady. I mention the animals' names because of the important place these animals will have in our family memories of this summer. Everyone in my family absolutely loved this place. A huge thank you to owners Donya and Dean and all of their family members who helped make our weekend so memorable.

Room tip: The log cabin is perfect for a family getaway, especially if you rent ALL the rooms and have it to yourself.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank marilynpearl
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Perfect location in between Pisgah and DuPont forests to explore both places and all of the many waterfalls in a weekend. Or just sit and read a book on the screen porch or upper deck. We came to see the fireflies and Donya put a small mason jar with glowing lights on our table for us. It was such a nice special touch. The kids got to ring the bell for breakfast. They enjoyed the farm animals next door. It really does feel like a stay at grandmas. Everything is relaxed and old-fashioned. Bring extra washcloths and consider a power strip because there was only one outlet. Also the doors lock from the inside so you can't lock them when you leave. We left everything in the room when we went exploring and of course everything was fine when we returned in this friendly mountain community. We will definitely be back, hopefully for a longer stay next time!!

Date of stay: May 2017