All reviews log cabin country breakfast biscuits the main house living room felt immediately upper deck made from scratch two story pancakes bed and breakfast downtown brevard wedding porch dean farms fireflies
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed by not only wonderful views of the hills and farms as well as the owner 's warm tour of the beautiful place. Our family of four felt immediately quite at home at the Pines Country Inn. Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbut why must it be 200 bbbb

Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank Karen N
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Pines Country Inn is comfort food for my soul. I first visited this inn when I was 10 years old, over 30 years ago. My parents brought my sister and I to Brevard for a getaway when we lived in Charleston, SC. I've since returned with my oldest daughter when she was 5 and now with my younger daughter. This latest visit was in August 2013. In addition to my husband and young daughter, we also met my sister-in-law and her family at The Pines.

Visiting this inn is like going home. The owners treat everyone like family. The breakfast is delicious and the conversations are easy. I could spend hours just sitting on the veranda looking out over the surrounding farmland. Being there is a great stress-reducer. Time seems to slow down and few things seem more pressing than just sitting on the porch watching the grass grow.

The Pines is conveniently located away from it all, but close enough to enjoy Brevard, Pisgah National Forest, and Dupont State Forest.

For me, it was wonderful to return to The Pines and relive a little of my youth. Things I had forgotten came back to me as if they'd happened last week. I remember riding skateboards down the curving driveway with the owners' grandkids. And my sister and I learned to play "Doggy Doggy Where's Your Bone?" in the yard behind the inn, again with the grandkids. Although we only knew them through visits at the Inn, it felt just like we were visiting cousins we didn't see too often. Like I said above, returning to The Pines felt just like going home.

The inn itself is a historic building. I believe it was built in 1883. I really enjoy the character and charm that can be found in places from that era. I like to ponder all the lives that have passed through those halls. It's interesting for me to think that my story is now, in some small way, intertwined with theirs.

If you're looking for lodging with a TV remote, room service, and an ice machine, this probably isn't the place for you. But, if you're looking for lodging that offers a hearty breakfast, friendly conversation, and the peaceful, tranquility of the countryside, The Pines Country Inn is a perfect fit.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Fabulous views, wonderful staff/owners. We cannot say enough about our lovely stay. We were in the log cabin; rustic but comfortable. I only regret that they close after October and don't open again until April. This is the only place we will stay in the future.

Room tip: Southern Hospitality and wonderful staff.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I could go on and on about how wonderful this Inn is. We were driving through Brevard last May and wanted to stay a night to visit waterfalls the next day. I found this wonderful Inn while searching Trip advisor on my phone. I called and Mary answered the phone, the sweetest woman! They not only had a room but we had the whole place to ourselves since it was the Tuesday after Memorial weekend. I didn't want to leave the upstairs porch with chaise lounge, that was my favorite spot. The views are breathtaking and it is so peaceful. I was dreading leaving to come back home to Myrtle Beach. We enjoyed every second of our stay. Tom, Mary and their daughter Ann are the sweetest people you will ever meet. We love the Inn and them so much we returned a couple of weeks ago to plan our wedding there next June. We consider them part of our family and can not wait to share our special day with them.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great older B&B. Superb view and great service. Close to everything but out of the way. personal service by owners, homemade breakfast, family atmosphere. Only room for improvement would be to add wireless Internet service.

Date of stay: August 2013