Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$245
PricelineUS$243
eDreamsUS$245
Agoda.comUS$245
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews holiday inn express the breakfast area front desk staff yogurt sausage gravy express breakfast biscuits the pisgah national forest comfortable beds downtown mark
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020

The man who checked us in seemed overwhelmed even though there was just us and one other person checking in. When he handed me my room keys, he shouted out my room number - huge security breach. Then when the keys didn’t work and I went back to the front desk, he told me I would have to wait five minutes for new keys. Again, he seemed overwhelmed. We were staying several nights and the next day when we came back after sightseeing our keys had stopped working. Went to the front desk to see what was going on. This time there was a different guy there who told me “there must be a ghost in the machinery.” New keys. No apology. The breakfast setup in inefficient and the young man working the breakfast area could not be less interested in his job. We got breakfast the first morning but it was pretty disgusting and went in the trash. We ate breakfast out the rest of the time. Bathroom was disgusting. Dirt and hair caked in the air vent. Dirt caked in the corner of the floor near the shower. Internet was down most of the time we were there. I asked a few times what the status was but no one knew or seemed to care. I would not stay in this location again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Hi Carlyle688,

I am glad you got in touch with us about your hotel encounter. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

Your favorable rating on the aspect of Sleep Quality is appreciated. We aspire to go above and beyond to ensure all of our guests experience a pleasant stay. I am sorry you had a challenging time with us due to the level of customer service you received from the front desk team, your room key issues, the internet, and your dining experience. I also recognize the uneasiness you encountered with how we handle procedures surrounding the cleanliness standards of our rooms.

I understand these events have had such an impact on your experience. Your feedback is appreciated as it will help us improve our guest satisfaction experience. I assure you we will work with the relevant team to enhance the services in everything we do and strengthen our commitment to the guidelines on rigorous cleaning.

Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention. We hope to have the chance to prove our commitment to delivering our brand standards at its finest.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 16 October 2020 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable. Staff was accommodating. Joshua printed out our boarding pass as a convenience as their guest computer was broken.

I would definitely stay there again.

The only downside is the location. Only fast food in the area.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2020 via mobile

The front staff went out of their way to take care of us during our recent stay. Kudos to the day shift employees! The beds were comfortable and we got a great night of sleep. I didn’t see the breakfast in the morning, but we were looking forward to a nice coffee downtown. Never did see the elusive white squirrel!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2020

We were expecting things to be different with Covid-19 but feel things could have been better. We also experienced no soap for the bathroom sink and shower. We were given more shampoo to use. You would think they would have gone to the Dollar General to purchase soap for guests! Also, there is no housekeeping unless you request it. We stopped by the front desk every evening to get clean towels, washcloths, shampoo and coffee products for the room. The second day, they had soap but you only was able to get 1 bar. The young man serving breakfast was not friendly or helpful at all. For 2 mornings we were served a cheese omelet, 1 biscuit and yogurt. We asked for a 2nd biscuit one morning and was told no!!!! We couldn't believe his response. The 3rd morning was 1 biscuit and gravy. Cold cereal,oatmeal and grits was offered but you felt like they didn't want to give you anything extra. Bananas and apples were available 2 of the 3 mornings. Pool and gym was closed. Room was nice and ours was clean.l Appeared to have been recently remodeled.

Room tip: Our room was by a storage room so it was very noisy with staff going in and out of it.
Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Hi Joy K,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay. It’s great to learn that you appreciate the cleanliness standards of our room.

We make sure your hotel experience is customized to your needs. I am sorry to learn that we fell below par due to the closure of our hotel features, limited breakfast choices, and temporary cessation of our room service. In response to the COVID-19 situation, we have made modifications to a few of our Brand Standards.

We have a keen understanding of what accommodating services is all about to maintain customer happiness. I have shared your comments with the hotel management for review. I am confident the steps taken will help us thrive where we fall short.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns. We hope to create more positive memories with you when your travels bring you back to the area.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 14 August 2020

This hotel offered anything but the hospitality that we are used to, at HI. It began at the front desk, when we asked if there was a list of local restaurants. Our response was. "I sure don't have one but since I am local, I am your best bet, for recommendations." We thought we would just look in the phone book, in the room....nope - no phone book. Our room had apparently been serviced but the tile area, just inside the door, had spills, that had not been mopped up and there was a hair, in the sink. The beds were comfortable and we were exhausted, so we slept well. Breakfast was a no go, no juice, instant eggs, that were cold, hard biscuits with congealed sausage gravy, all served by a young man, who although cordial, felt the need to wear his jeans, so we had to see about 6" of underwear. Also, people were not wearing masks, in the breakfast line. Not a recommended HI, from this seasoned traveler.

Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020

Hello sageone51,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am sorry to learn that your check-in and breakfast experience fell below expectations. Along with your observations about the level of cleanliness of the room, I have shared your comments with the hotel management. I am positive that the measures that will be taken will avoid similar issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,