Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$155
eDreamsUS$132
Agoda.comUS$132
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
All reviews holiday inn express the breakfast area front desk staff yogurt sausage gravy express breakfast biscuits the pisgah national forest comfortable beds downtown mark
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2020

We were expecting things to be different with Covid-19 but feel things could have been better. We also experienced no soap for the bathroom sink and shower. We were given more shampoo to use. You would think they would have gone to the Dollar General to purchase soap for guests! Also, there is no housekeeping unless you request it. We stopped by the front desk every evening to get clean towels, washcloths, shampoo and coffee products for the room. The second day, they had soap but you only was able to get 1 bar. The young man serving breakfast was not friendly or helpful at all. For 2 mornings we were served a cheese omelet, 1 biscuit and yogurt. We asked for a 2nd biscuit one morning and was told no!!!! We couldn't believe his response. The 3rd morning was 1 biscuit and gravy. Cold cereal,oatmeal and grits was offered but you felt like they didn't want to give you anything extra. Bananas and apples were available 2 of the 3 mornings. Pool and gym was closed. Room was nice and ours was clean.l Appeared to have been recently remodeled.

Room tip: Our room was by a storage room so it was very noisy with staff going in and out of it.
Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Hi Joy K,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay. It’s great to learn that you appreciate the cleanliness standards of our room.

We make sure your hotel experience is customized to your needs. I am sorry to learn that we fell below par due to the closure of our hotel features, limited breakfast choices, and temporary cessation of our room service. In response to the COVID-19 situation, we have made modifications to a few of our Brand Standards.

We have a keen understanding of what accommodating services is all about to maintain customer happiness. I have shared your comments with the hotel management for review. I am confident the steps taken will help us thrive where we fall short.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns. We hope to create more positive memories with you when your travels bring you back to the area.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 14 August 2020

This hotel offered anything but the hospitality that we are used to, at HI. It began at the front desk, when we asked if there was a list of local restaurants. Our response was. "I sure don't have one but since I am local, I am your best bet, for recommendations." We thought we would just look in the phone book, in the room....nope - no phone book. Our room had apparently been serviced but the tile area, just inside the door, had spills, that had not been mopped up and there was a hair, in the sink. The beds were comfortable and we were exhausted, so we slept well. Breakfast was a no go, no juice, instant eggs, that were cold, hard biscuits with congealed sausage gravy, all served by a young man, who although cordial, felt the need to wear his jeans, so we had to see about 6" of underwear. Also, people were not wearing masks, in the breakfast line. Not a recommended HI, from this seasoned traveler.

Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020

Hello sageone51,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am sorry to learn that your check-in and breakfast experience fell below expectations. Along with your observations about the level of cleanliness of the room, I have shared your comments with the hotel management. I am positive that the measures that will be taken will avoid similar issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed 20 July 2020

We had a reservation and arrived at this Holiday Inn Express at around 5:30pm on a Thursday after driving over 8 hours from Florida only to be told that our room wasn't ready for us to check in. I get that it happens, but the hotel didn't seem full so I'm not sure why they wouldn't have a clean room ready well after the 3pm check-in time?
Unfortunately, the A/C in the lobby was not working (but was being repaired, in fairness), so we had to sit in the hot, steamy lobby for a bit before we could get to a room to relax after a long drive - and there was a group of guests who were standing/congregating in the lobby, none of whom were wearing masks (despite having been told that there was a mandatory mask requirement when we called) - which wasn't ideal either. No real apologies from the front desk staff for the wait, the heat, or the inconvenience in general, but granted they were hot and sweaty too, so we let that go.
Then we got to our room, and after having just touched elevator buttons and doorknobs, we immediately wanted to wash our hands (in these COVID times) ... but went to find that we had no soap in the bathroom. None for the sink, none for the shower. Housekeeping was still on the floor (and not wearing masks either, fyi) so we found them and mentioned that they forgot to leave soap in the room, and we were told that they actually had run out of soap. What? Really? Of all things to run out of with the country fighting COVID? We were offered more shampoo (huh?), but also told that the front desk should have soap we could get. Why wouldn't the front desk just give the soap to housekeeping to put in the rooms?
We tried to call the front desk, but found that the phone in our room didn't work (no dial-tone whatsoever, even after unplugging it and plugging it back in).
So we headed back down to the humid lobby to get a bar of soap (again, with no evidence of any concern for our inconvenience) ... and at least had something to wash our hands. We also mentioned that the phone didn't work, but again that didn't seem to warrant any apology either.
At least the room itself was comfortable and seemed clean, thankfully.
We headed down to breakfast Friday morning to get a Grab N Go breakfast bag, only to find a line of people waiting to enter the breakfast area - and asked the person at the front desk if there were Grab N Go bags available, and we were told to wait in the line and that the people working the breakfast area would put one together for us. Huh? Stand in line with a bunch of people (most of whom were NOT wearing masks) to get a Grab N Go breakfast? We blew that off and left for the day and got breakfast on our own.
Overall, a less than great first impression of this Holiday Inn Express. I hope they figure out how to keep enough soap on hand, and to live up to the promise of an Express Breakfast for other guests.

Date of stay: July 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2020

Hi williammZ9726CG,

I am glad you got in touch with us about your recent stay. Thank you for your business and for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. I appreciate your remarks on our comfortable and clean room.

We have a keen understanding of what accommodating services is all about to maintain customer happiness and satisfaction. I am sorry we fell short of making your overall hotel encounter faultless because of the level of check-in service you received, the lobby HVAC system, limited in-room amenities, breakfast process, and uneasiness caused by some of our guests and employees not wearing protective masks. Kindly know that we did not intend to disregard the best practices and safety procedures. We follow restrictions surrounding the Covid-19 for preventive measures.

We appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our guest satisfaction experience. I have shared your valuable comments with the hotel management, and I trust they will take proper steps to ensure that neither you nor any other guest has a similar experience.

Thank you again for making us aware. We hope you can give us a chance to regain your trust and provide you with a desirable hotel experience.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

Beds-comfortable ✅
Pillows-comfortable ✅
Breakfast-
Pool not open in July/-????
We were told “we’re waiting for the rainy season to end, again-??????
If you’re coming to Brevard, pick another hotel to stay at.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2020

Hi 314joyces,

I am glad you left feedback. Thanks for giving us a try!

We are determined to give efficient and frictionless experiences to all our guests, but I read that there were hiccups that made this less of being one. I am sorry to learn about your disappointments regarding the pool and breakfast. We continuously strive to provide 100% satisfactory stays to our guests and I've looped in management about your comments. I am confident that they will take this seriously should there be plans for future improvements.

I'm glad you found our bed and pillows comfortable. I hope you give us another chance to turn things around.

Cheers,

June A.

Reviewed 28 June 2020 via mobile

Everything was great with checking. Our room is clean and very comfortable beds. They have grab and go breakfast right now because of covid, but usually a good selection. It’s close to several area attractions, right near several waterfalls, fishery, several restaurants, Walmart. Great location!

Date of stay: June 2020