Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$243
Hotels.comUS$245
FindHotelUS$245
eDreamsUS$245
Agoda.comUS$245
ZenHotels.com
All reviews holiday inn express the breakfast area front desk staff yogurt sausage gravy express breakfast biscuits the pisgah national forest comfortable beds downtown mark
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2020

We had a reservation and arrived at this Holiday Inn Express at around 5:30pm on a Thursday after driving over 8 hours from Florida only to be told that our room wasn't ready for us to check in. I get that it happens, but the hotel didn't seem full so I'm not sure why they wouldn't have a clean room ready well after the 3pm check-in time?
Unfortunately, the A/C in the lobby was not working (but was being repaired, in fairness), so we had to sit in the hot, steamy lobby for a bit before we could get to a room to relax after a long drive - and there was a group of guests who were standing/congregating in the lobby, none of whom were wearing masks (despite having been told that there was a mandatory mask requirement when we called) - which wasn't ideal either. No real apologies from the front desk staff for the wait, the heat, or the inconvenience in general, but granted they were hot and sweaty too, so we let that go.
Then we got to our room, and after having just touched elevator buttons and doorknobs, we immediately wanted to wash our hands (in these COVID times) ... but went to find that we had no soap in the bathroom. None for the sink, none for the shower. Housekeeping was still on the floor (and not wearing masks either, fyi) so we found them and mentioned that they forgot to leave soap in the room, and we were told that they actually had run out of soap. What? Really? Of all things to run out of with the country fighting COVID? We were offered more shampoo (huh?), but also told that the front desk should have soap we could get. Why wouldn't the front desk just give the soap to housekeeping to put in the rooms?
We tried to call the front desk, but found that the phone in our room didn't work (no dial-tone whatsoever, even after unplugging it and plugging it back in).
So we headed back down to the humid lobby to get a bar of soap (again, with no evidence of any concern for our inconvenience) ... and at least had something to wash our hands. We also mentioned that the phone didn't work, but again that didn't seem to warrant any apology either.
At least the room itself was comfortable and seemed clean, thankfully.
We headed down to breakfast Friday morning to get a Grab N Go breakfast bag, only to find a line of people waiting to enter the breakfast area - and asked the person at the front desk if there were Grab N Go bags available, and we were told to wait in the line and that the people working the breakfast area would put one together for us. Huh? Stand in line with a bunch of people (most of whom were NOT wearing masks) to get a Grab N Go breakfast? We blew that off and left for the day and got breakfast on our own.
Overall, a less than great first impression of this Holiday Inn Express. I hope they figure out how to keep enough soap on hand, and to live up to the promise of an Express Breakfast for other guests.

Date of stay: July 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2020

Hi williammZ9726CG,

I am glad you got in touch with us about your recent stay. Thank you for your business and for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. I appreciate your remarks on our comfortable and clean room.

We have a keen understanding of what accommodating services is all about to maintain customer happiness and satisfaction. I am sorry we fell short of making your overall hotel encounter faultless because of the level of check-in service you received, the lobby HVAC system, limited in-room amenities, breakfast process, and uneasiness caused by some of our guests and employees not wearing protective masks. Kindly know that we did not intend to disregard the best practices and safety procedures. We follow restrictions surrounding the Covid-19 for preventive measures.

We appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our guest satisfaction experience. I have shared your valuable comments with the hotel management, and I trust they will take proper steps to ensure that neither you nor any other guest has a similar experience.

Thank you again for making us aware. We hope you can give us a chance to regain your trust and provide you with a desirable hotel experience.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

Beds-comfortable ✅
Pillows-comfortable ✅
Breakfast-
Pool not open in July/-????
We were told “we’re waiting for the rainy season to end, again-??????
If you’re coming to Brevard, pick another hotel to stay at.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2020

Hi 314joyces,

I am glad you left feedback. Thanks for giving us a try!

We are determined to give efficient and frictionless experiences to all our guests, but I read that there were hiccups that made this less of being one. I am sorry to learn about your disappointments regarding the pool and breakfast. We continuously strive to provide 100% satisfactory stays to our guests and I've looped in management about your comments. I am confident that they will take this seriously should there be plans for future improvements.

I'm glad you found our bed and pillows comfortable. I hope you give us another chance to turn things around.

Cheers,

June A.

Reviewed 28 June 2020 via mobile

Everything was great with checking. Our room is clean and very comfortable beds. They have grab and go breakfast right now because of covid, but usually a good selection. It’s close to several area attractions, right near several waterfalls, fishery, several restaurants, Walmart. Great location!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. A spur of the moment decision so I was fortunate to get a room. It was very clean with nice amenities. Excellent value and service. Comfortable beds. I enjoyed a good nights sleep. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 538fs
Reviewed 13 December 2019 via mobile

I was out of gas trying to get warm after walking in the cold weather and relentless wind and opted to go to the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS IN BREVARD NC. Wow what a mistake as I explained to the lady that was obviously the night clerk or auditor as well that I needed to charge my phone briefly though I never explained all my financial cards etc were housed inside of it and that I had planned to rent a room for two nights as I was frozen from the cold needed to have my vehicle looked at and certainly didn't want to be rushed out at 11am or whatever checkout time might have been. I had been charging my phone for maybe five minutes when what started out as a semi hospitable lady considering the hour etc turned into a completely different "Being" all together as I was asked how long I was gonna be and I said could I have 5 more minutes as my phone wouldn't turn on til the 5% Mark and was told that I needed to find another spot to charge my phone etc so I didnt bother to attempt to explain I had planned to rent a room as she viewed me as a vagrant that was making to much use of her heat and using to much of her power while trying to charge my phone after explaining my car had broken down etc I grew up in Brevard however the mills shut down and retirees came by the droves as well as those who want to be close to the PISGAH National Forest etc however as in anything there are sometimes even in the finest wine producing vineyards a bad seed which without it being eradicated causes the whole vineyard to become less than desireable. I hope you avoid that situation altogether and simply stay at a local bed and breakfast as they still have people skills where as obviously with little competition the staff of the HOLIDAY Inn Express in Brevard N.C. has gotten the arttitude they can talk to guests potential guests etc. however they like since what are most travelers options as the Hampton Inn is the only lodging on that end of the county.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Brevard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2019

Hello Vzakone73,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will directly speak to the General Manager regarding the concerns you raised so that we can make the necessary changes and provide a better experience in the future.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception. Again, thank you for sharing your comments. In addition to this, we have sent you a Private Message for further details.

Hector P