“Nice Wines”

RagApple Lassie Vineyards
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Boonville
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Went to visit this winery yesterday with my husband. I did a wine tasting and my husband and beer. I must say that the wine at this winery is very good I liked all the wines,, and they gave you 10 different ones to taste. If there is not a wine you like then you are not a wine person.....My husband said that the beer was also very good. Morgan did the tasting with us a very personable person....I will definitely go back!!!!

All reviews
"snobs"
"equipment"
"beers"

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Entering this attraction by the front door is an experience – you have a high level view of the impressive winemaking equipment from an overhanging balcony. The tasting area is downstairs, between the tanks and the racks of barrels. If you can't handle stairs, go to the lower level door at the side of the building.
The wines are presented in bottles painted with cow pictures and interesting names. Not a lot of varieties available, due to the popularity of some of them resulting in exhausted stocks. The best we tried was “Hobson’s Choice”, a 2009/2010 red blend. It was very tannic, though had good fruits – I bought a bottle to stash away for three years when it may be more approachable.
The tasting room host knew his stuff, and we had a long discussion about the issues related to screw-cap closures – due to some early misunderstandings, some of the screw cap bottles had to be secured with corks!
Well worth a visit

Reviewed 28 February 2017

i used to visit this winery from time to time when I lived in Roanoke, VA. I had vacation so I decided to visit this place and relive the good times. Wines are still good and everything is local. I bought Rockford Red which is blend of different grapes (be sure to chill two hours before serving).

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We had never been to any of the wineries before so we didn't know what to expect. The Yadkin Winter Red festival is a really neat way to visit and try out their specific wines (and food pairings) that were offered. You actually see the inside of this winery and they are the biggest of the tour. Their offering was a little to bold but would pair really well with a great steak or beef dish.