Holiday Inn Express Boone
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Courtyard Boone(Boone)
View Hotel
All reviewshi expressfront deskcinnamon rollsblowing rockpancake machinewhirlpool tubbiscuits and gravyappalachian state universitylocation is greatoutdoor poolmicrowave and refrigeratorthe breakfast areaboone areacomfortable bedsnice propertyrestaurants and shoppingup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn Express with my son while on a weekend ski trip. The exterior of the hotel appears nice but the inside is in need of some updating. The interior is very hospital like. The rooms are equip with old non flat screen televisions. The wall mounted airconditioners blowing supper cold air or supper hot dry air. Staff was nice. Next trip I'll stay some where else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is clean and inexpensive for a nights stay. I think I paid about 72 dollars for a two queen room. The room was clean, the breakfast was nice for the maybe three guests there on our sunday night.
I paid an extra 5 dollars for a room with a balcony. Not to burst the bubble, but the balcony overlooks a Lowes parking lot and highway. The room had no way of setting a temperature. The heat on low was too hot and on just fan, too cold. A thermostat would help control it.

There is a nice steakhouse across the street called The Peddler.

Room Tip: fifth floor end room was very quiet. The extra five dollars for balcony did not improve our stay.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank movedsouth
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights to go skiing up the road at Beech Mountain. I would put the hotel at the upper end of the Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at. For under $100 a night I don't think you can beat it. I am a platinum priority club member and request a room upgrade every time I stay at a hotel. The hotel originally gave us a great suite (I think it was room 300). Equipped with a separate living room, bar and kitchen. Stand up shower, whirlpool and double sinks. Unfortunately, I was traveling with a friend and not my wife and after debating who got the pull out couch we decided to down grade to a standard room (Suites only have king beds). The standard room was still a step above most Holiday Inn Expresses. It had a small, but nice balcony with a door and the typical layout. Bed and restroom were standard for Holiday Inn Expresses. We slept great. The room was up to my standards of cleanliness nothing stood out as dirty.

We could not use the pool because it is outdoor. That was one draw back as a hot tub would have been nice after skiing. The lobby/breakfast area were nice and large. Plenty of seating and some couches with a TV to watch. Ample free parking and free WIFI. The location is great with easy access to dining and the University Area "downtown". We drove one night and then chose to take a taxi the second night so we could have a few more drinks. We used Boone Taxi which appeared to be a college student trying to make some extra bucks. There weren't a lot of options in Boone. Nonetheless, the rates were flat around town and she was punctual/responsive.

Room Tip: Ask for room 300
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AdvisorBrad
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We are currently in the middle of a 3 day stay at this hotel. We have stayed here before and thought we knew what we were getting. Unfortunately, that is not the case. The other reviews stating the mattresses and pillows are in dire need of replacing are right! Definite hole in the middle of the bed. With two people in a bed, it is very uncomfortable. Pillows feel as if there are just shredded pieces of foam in them. It even seems as though they are skimping on the breakfast compared to our last stay. Very disappointing compared to the experience we are used to getting from other Holiday Inn Express hotels. My next trip to Boone, I will stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank NavyMomNC
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Opted for a suite and found the room to be very oversized as well as the bathroom. The breakfast had a nice variety.

Room Tip: update to a suite it is worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple