All reviews indoor pool nice game room the breakfast area waffles room was clean stone fireplace pool table hotel lobby choice hotels free breakfast pull out couch king suite grandfather mountain sitting area staff was very friendly blowing rock stay there again
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night trying to save a few dollars over other choices. Room had a smoked in odor that was tried to cover with deodorizer. Chairs in room were dirty. Very low water pressure in shower. Would not stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TDK1033
Reviewed 8 April 2018

This was a great stay probably one of the best I have ever had. The fireplace in the lobby was beautiful and cozy. My son sat and watched it while I enjoyed a cup of good coffee and they even had varying strengths of coffee which was excellent since I like mine a little stronger than most. The game room kept us entertained for a long while. There was a pool table that allowed me and my husband to enjoy a game while our son played and won several balls out of the crane machine.The indoor pool was clean and they keep the room heated so it feels like a sauna when you walk in. We stayed on the second floor which was great because the breakfast and game room are located on this floor. The room was immaculate and there was plenty of hot water for a good bath. They even had makeup remover laid out in the bathroom which was a great addition for ladies. Check in and out was smooth and uncomplicated. All the staff was nice and welcoming. My son even joked that he wanted to sleep on the couch next to the fireplace and a male staff member laughed and said sure but the beds are comfy too. I loved that they had both soft and firm pillows on the beds (and they told you which was which and where they were located) which was really nice. I slept great.

Room tip: the 2nd floor was quiet and is located on the same floor as breakfast and game room
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Brittany P
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

At first, the place looked good.
The rooms are nice sized and the breakfast is second to none.
The next morning we found the grounds to be littered with trash and broken bottles, cigarette butts scattered everywhere.

In the room we found the control knob for the bath missing, we called and they fixed it....

We also found a ring on the fire suppression head is missing, we let the front desk know... No action was taken to fix. (This also happens to be a fire code violation).

We found chewing gum on the carpet (Not a good thing to find a 3am while going to the bathroom).

We also found dirt/mold/mildew on the drapes/sheers.

Filters on the AC/Heat unit haven't been cleaned in some time.

Pictures of the issues noted have been added.

They do have a nice sitting area, indoor pool, game room and well stocked snack area.
The facility is close to a lot of attractions and restaurants.

I wish I could give a great review, but with the issues encountered, just can't in good conscious do so.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank WayneB5200
Reviewed 10 February 2018

This hotel is in a good location. It is updated and has comfortable rooms. There is a pretty stone fireplace in the lobby. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and the beds were extra comfy. I have no complaints. Reasonable prices. Good breakfast buffet with nice variety of foods.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Sherry K
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Hmstayed at this hotel 2 yrss ago and it was great. Tonight..not so much. Only 1/2 roll of toilet paper left in room, mattress cover on pull out a sofa was nasty, no towels at the pool, carpet in room looks disgusting, even my 8 yo grandson said this was a "run down" hotel. On a good note...the staff was nice!

Date of stay: February 2018