“Where’s the “Crisp””

Rowland's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rowland's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: HWY 221 South
Reviewed 6 December 2017

A group of us recently had dinner at “Rowlands” at the Westglow Resort. This was our third visit for dinner. As always the place is gorgeous and the service spot on. All of our entrees were delicious. Our server very knowledgeable and suggested a very good Cabernet that didn’t ‘break the bank’. Staff very attentive. I ordered the short rib, tender and flavorful, prawn bisque very good, albeit lukewarm. Companions ordered the sea bass and the meatball, all very much enjoyed. For dessert we ordered the “Dutch Apple Crisp”. Found very little to no crisp, apples were a tad to firm and still had the crunch to them, flavor was delicious just could have used more “Crisp” and perhaps cooked a tad longer. Next time I think I’ll order the Chocolate Crunch Cookie with vanilla milk!!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Beautiful setting in a very expensive spa. The food quality has gone down hill over the past 10 years and the prices have increased. Your best bet is the Sunday brunch open to the public from 11-2.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We had my husband's 60th birthday dinner at Rowland's while staying there for the weekend. The ambiance is beautiful with faint strains of live piano, floating in from the next room. They had a personalized birthday card for him on the table!

We had vichyssoise as an amuse bouche. They have tiny salt cellars on the table with 5 different kinds of salt from all over the world. For starters,my husband had the prawn bisque with lemon crème fraiche. I had the kale salad with roasted butternut squash and beets.

For the main, my husband had the sea bass with carrot ginger foam over black forbidden rice ( tastes sweet) and bok choy. I had the grilled rack of lamb with couscous and baby carrots.

We ended our feast with dutch apple crisp and sage whiskey ice-cream.

The chef came and walked around among the diners accepting muted applause and murmured thanks.

It was a most wonderful birthday dinner for my 60 year old husband!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and 2 adult daughters joined me for a perfect dinner at Roland’s. We loved their Shrimp Bisque and Bourbon Braised Pork Belly starters, both so creamy and delicious , followed by the Lamb Chops ( served with carrots and couscous ) which were so incredibly tender, I believe they could be cut with a fork ; and Sea Bass over Black Forbidden Rice with Baby Bok Choy....sensational. They have a wonderful wine selection, excellent attentive service and such an elegant atmosphere. If you’re looking for a special place for dinner, I highly recommend Roland’s.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Our daughter gave us a gift certificate for dinner at Rowland's for our birthdays.

The restaurant is the lower level of the Greek Revival style mansion built in 1917 by the artist and author Elliott Daingerfield. I understand that the second level houses 6 elegant bed rooms. The Mansion is gorgeous and offers fantastic views of the mountain range while sitting in chairs on the Portico waiting for dining time. We watched a beautiful sunset over the North Carolina Mountains.

As an appetizer my wife had heirloom tomatoes with goat cheese and I had giant prawn. Both were excellent. As an entree my wife had the salmon which she stated was good and I had the sea bass which was very light and delightful.

For dessert we shared a piece of Nutella chocolate cake. It was wonderful.

The maitre d, Gary, was very informative and pleasant. He explained the history of Rowland's restaurant. The Waiting staff was unsurpassed.

All in all, we had a wonderful experience at Rowland's restaurant., Westglow. We hope to return in the near future.