“Skip The Breakfast ”

The New Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
The New Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hill St.
Description: Big Flavors - Casual Dining. The New Public House restaurant offers reasonably priced, delicious favorites in a relaxed, comfortable, and exciting environment. The New food concept was created by-renowned chef Michael Foreman. He supports local purveyors, regional flavors and offers a "NC farm to table" experience. The restaurant's bar is available for meeting friends and enjoying a drink or a meal in more casual setting. Offerings include our small plates specialties, as well as local NC beers; great wines by the glass and exotic, specialty cocktails by our own mixologist
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

If you make reservations on Sunday make sure you request back dining room. Don’t make a mistake and get seated in the front dining room or bar area. Space in front room is so crowded you can breast move your elbow to get the fork to your mouth. Space is over seated so be prepared for slow service and food cold. More staff needed. Food is ok but not worth the price or struggle to get it. Go to the Ridgeline, opens at 11, plenty of seating, jazz on Sunday and food better or for the best breakfast Sunny Rock.

1  Thank 530gingerb

Reviewed 18 October 2018

My husband and I had dinner here, and they had their regular menu, along with a price fixed menu. On it, you could choose between a selection of options that also included your beverage of choice -- tea, coffee, a red or white wine, or a beer. Very good and reasonably priced. Excellent service, too. We made reservations, and I'm glad we did. This was our best meal during our four-day trip to N.C.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights last week. It rained the entire time. But no worries, because the food, drinks and service were top notch. Coconut shrimp, cheeseburger, fish and fries, breakfast....they were all delicious! And they serve a drink called White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle that is out of this world delicious! This was the perfect place to get rained in. And everyone there was so nice, polite and helpful. There is no way I would stay anywhere else in Blowing Rock.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We stopped off in Blowing Rock on the way to the airport in Charlotte and we wanted a good brunch. We really picked the right place! We had the breakfast sandwiches and we were not disappointed! The biscuits were huge- they call them cat head bc of the size of biscuits - and they were not lying! The potatoes were amazing- so crispy I had to ask and of course they were fried - how else could you get them so good? It was worth it- delish!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

The Brunch was delicious! I had the Eggs Sardou and the eggs and meal could not have been more perfect. I swapped out the potatoes for creamy grits. DELICIOUS

My dining companions had the seafood crepes and not a bite was left on the plate.

I'll definitely be back on my next trip to Blowing Rock!