“Worth the visit!”

Ranked #14 of 55 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: Blowing Rock Brewing Company is committed to providing you with handcrafted, mountain artisan beer. All of our beers are brewed on site using fresh, local ingredients. "Go To The Mountains" can be found on our cans for a reason, and its not just because we want you to visit. Everything about our brews captures the finest qualities of the High Country, all the way from our ingredients to our team that sells, samples and serves them. Our Legacy Series offers you our flagship brews. These have been with us since the very beginning. Our Ale House Series consists of our ever-changing, artisan brews which we craft by experimenting with local ingredients and mountain resources. We invite you to join us in our Ale House restaurant to enjoy our upscale, locally sourced mountain cuisine and artisanal craft beer brewed on-site. Brewery tours are available Saturdays 1-5.
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Had two meals here - lunch and dinner. Sit outside if you can for lunch or dinner. Very nice

Dinner:
* Vegetarian Burger - picky 15 year old daughter: "Best veggie burger I have ever had."
* Ale House Burger - ordered without tomatoes and onions - wonderfully presented and very satisfying. Great choice
* Special that night: Loaded Grilled Cheese - wife reported it to be outstanding.
* Dessert: Flourless chocolate torte - appeared small, but it totally satisfied 3 people for the chocolate fix we needed. $8, though. Kind of steep.
* Beer: Pilsner on tap was wonderful. Satisfying, but not heavy.
* Server: Linden - thanks for the great service. Attentive, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Lunch:
* Came back to the Pilsner - equally as wonderful as last night.
* Appetizer: Ale House Pretzels - enough to share for 3 people. Wonderful hot gouda melted cheese dip and a spicy dijon mustard dip. Great stuff to start dinner with. Don't try and tackle it on your own.
* Southern Fried Chicken (sandwich) - I dunno. The chicken was a bit dry an the other items in the sandwich were kind of mixed all together. Maybe consider doing it as a salad so that all the different tastes can be enjoyed. At least, provide some kind of dipping sauce. I choose to eat big, oversized sandwiches with my fork rather than hamburger style. I don't know how you could manage it with your hands.... it was OK.
* Server: Lauren - attentive, knowledgeable, helpful.
* I had forgotten my credit card from the night before, and they had it and verified my info before giving it to me (I like that).

Suggestion: Instead of using a plastic container for your ketchup, maybe use a small dish like you use for coleslaw or something. Eliminate the plastic straws, too. Use paper or even pasta! Thanks.

Great beer, great outside seating, great service, and overall great food. Go there.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here today and load the white cheddar for minute cheese dip and hummus pita chips were excellent fresh made and crispy. I had a great arugula salad with chicken and the burgers both on the children’s menu and adult menu were excellent. Set outside on a beautiful day and a nice location in downtown Blowingrock.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This was a trip that was not planned through an agent. The customer service was the most friendly, efficient and personal trip experience I have ever experienced. The room was over and above what I expected. Loved, loved loved my stay at the Alehouse Inn. Perfect walking location to shopping and restaurants.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Who knew that a brewery would have such cute rooms above it for those riding or passing though town! With names like Wheat, Amber, Lager and Stout who could resist? We couldn't and we were so happy we did. Intimate and simply decorated and ultra clean rooms with plush beds and the perfect price point one can't go wrong. This town is so quaint and fun and BRB is the perfect stop and stay. The burgers and beers are tasty too!

1  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Went two times. On Saturday, we had a 30 minute wait and enjoyed food and drinks. Service was slow. There was also an issue of several items from another table being added to our receipt, which was quickly resolved. Overall, it was a positive experience.

We came back on Sunday. This time, we waited for more than 40 minutes. Others, who came later, were seated before us and we kind of felt like we had been forgotten. You know what it's like to be ignored or unwanted? No updates or acknowledgement of our time waiting. Eventually, a side room was opened and we were seated inside. After eight more minutes, we had yet to meet our server.

At this point, we decided it was time to leave. We told the hostess why we were leaving and it did not seem she was empowered to do anything more than say, "I'm sorry."

We won't return to this restaurant. I'll feature it in my customer service training sessions.