“Bad Bad Bad - poor operations- poor staff ”

Appalachian Ski Mountain
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The turnout Volume at App Ski Mtn. Use to be a nice place to learn, love and enjoy the outdoors. But the younger Greedy family members run it now. The area and size can only hold so much volume of visitors. When you try to modify and modify the area that can’t hold anymore people then you get crowded and people Ski and run into each other resulting in traumatic injuries, rude people and skier rage. How would you like to take your 40lb 6 year old daughter skiing and some out-of-control man weighing 220 plows right into her giving her a concussion and sending her to the Hospital. It happens all the time like it did to us. Why does his happen? Greedy careless owners never sell out and pack the place beyond full. A beginner skier Heading down a hill on an incline only stops when they get to the bottom of the slopes where everyone is standing. Resulting in hurt people. It’s not worth paying a premium to be at risk like this. If management cared about the skiers then they wouldn’t have built all the extra terrain park crap and focused on original purpose of skiing. To learn, enjoy and practice safe outdoor experiences. Avoid App Ski Mtn. It’s changed drastically from what it use to be.

8  Thank Sealluke
in 7 reviews
"great for families"
"gift shop is"

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My family absolutely loves this place! We have been coming since the kids were 2. The mountain is perfect for kids and just enough to keep the adults entertained too. It is a quick trip from Charlotte and very affordable. The lodge is older but very cozy and the food is always fantastic!

1  Thank Ulrike T
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I you have young kids that you want to learn to ski this is the place. They have a great ski school. Mt is very small but it does not get near the crowds of the other big two.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We planned a family vacation to the Appalachian Ski Mountain resort which young children. The Ski Mountain in itself was enjoyable and our children liked it. However we rented the Snowbird Cabin and it has been the worst experience ever. The cabin had the following issues:

Extremely filthy stained rug
Smelly restrooms
Broken outside door, we could not go out easily as it was about to fall on us (see picture attached) and it got worse and worse which our young children had a hard time to get through
Extremely filthy and rusty toaster which we could not use
Overall smelly poor maintained cabin

I sent an email which I had to send twice to be acknowledged, finally got a response from someone named Brian Moretz who's signature showed as President - Appalachian Ski Mountain. He responded that he would follow through and in summary that he has never had these complaints before which I find odd as the cabin had clear issues. This was back in early January 2017 and never heard back from him, to this date (April 2017), I have sent a few follow up emails and he has not even acknowledged them. Very terrible coming from the President and I would NEVER rent anything through this resort again. TERRIBLE experience which was supposed to be great considering I had family coming from abroad to Ski.

2  Thank EGQG
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

The NC ski resorts took a beating this year due to the mild winter. I applaud Appalachian for keeping their resort open thru nearly the end of March; I made the short trip over from my place at another close by resort that had already closed for the season. We took advantage of skiing at Appalachian on the first day of spring. The slopes had a great base from all the snowmaking and the trails were well groomed! No lines made skiing awesome and plentiful trips down the slopes! Do keep this resort in mind next season!

I also would like to mention how pleasant the staff all were. This includes ticketing, snack bar, rentals, and gift shop! Everything was a pleasure that day! Thank you!