Review Highlights
Super fun and super sweet employees.

This place is great for first time snow boarders. The French Swiss school is worth it and the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
lindseyreneeholland
Cookeville, Tennessee
via mobile
Great "family" ski mountain in Boone.

We visit ASM regularly in the winter to ski as we live locally. The mountain is great for kids in... read more

Reviewed 17 October 2018
klamborj
Boone, North Carolina

All reviews ice skating great place to learn bunny slope lift tickets small resort black diamond snow making snow board rental process terrain park other resorts cafeteria style first timers warm weather great for families a lot of fun gift shop is
Reviewed 5 March 2017

my first time skiing ever and this place was amazing!! we went during the week so it wouldnt be packed and it was great it did pick up later in the day and night becuase they had classes but overall great! the food was not worth it at all but we didnt want to leave the 1st day so we paid $6 for one slice of pizza and $10 for and old burger and nasty frys, the 2nd day we brought our own food from jimmy johns lol

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We chose to test our kids interest with skiing by signing them up for the skiwee school. The website noted ski school began at 9:00am and when I called to reserve space for the kids they confirmed it started at 9:00am. We arrived an hour early to register and gather our rental items. Upon registration we learned the ski school started at 10:00am. That was a disappointment because we had to kill an hour with the kids. The weather outside wasn't great outside so we stayed inside while we waited for ski school. The building smelled like sweaty socks, it was extremely hot so we had to take off all of our gear while we waited. My husband and I attended the one hour ski class and had a very good instructor (sorry don't remember his name). The staff on the slopes were so, so. For the most part everyone was helpful. Overall the kids enjoyed the ski school and had a great time.

1  Thank michela w
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Great family fun for the money! The staff is wonderful and our instructor was fabulous. At no time did we feel rushed or pressured. We sprung for the private lessons. Worth every cent!

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Appalachian Ski Mountain is a very family friendly resort. Small and quaint. You can pretty much see the whole mountain except for the very top when walking up or when on the restaurant balcony watching family and friends . Easy to keep up with the kids. Excellent for beginners big and small and young and old. The parking lot is easy to get to. There are no steep hills to climb which is great when you have your own equipment. They have carpeted changing rooms which are great. Lots of items in the gift shop. You will not leave there empty handed. Can purchase pictures of yourself on the slopes to show friends and family back home. The ice rink is at the entrance and has a canvas roof for rainy and sunny days. All in all a great place for the family.

1  Thank darkman2c32
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I had not been skiing in a few years so ASM seemed like a good way to ease back in. The check-in and rental process was efficient and I was on the slopes in no time. Maybe it was because it was a weekday but the lift lines were usually empty. Up and down until I was worn out! The cafeteria food is what you'd expect for a ski lodge, although I was pleasantly surprised that they had a few things other than just burgers and fries (e.g. cod, veggies, a stir fry). They do not sell beer and wine, probably in keeping with their family orientation. They made snow until around midday (temperature related). I had not brought goggles but a nice fellow in the ski shop let me know that I could rent a pair. That made all the difference while the snow making was going on, and saved me some $. ASM is smaller than the neighboring ski slopes but fulfills its role admirably. I had a great day and enjoyed seeing all the families with kids learning to ski and having fun.