“Great for kids 12 and under!”
Review of Tweetsie Railroad

Tweetsie Railroad
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Currently closed during the daytime hours. Will be open every Friday and Saturday evening beginning November 24 through December 30, 2017, for Tweetsie Christmas. Then we will re-open for daytime operation April 6, 2018. As North Carolina’s original family theme park, Tweetsie Railroad is a unique attraction that allows children and families to explore their imaginations and a whole lot more. Be a cowboy, cowgirl or an engineer. Shop along Main Street, pan for gold, or visit the animals in the Deer Park. Tweetsie has amusement rides for all ages and live entertainment throughout the park. And, of course, hop aboard our historic train for a fun-filled three-mile Wild West journey through the scenic mountains. Located in Blowing Rock, NC.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 15 August 2010

While we are used to going to bigger theme parks, this visit was definitely worth our time while staying in Boone. The kids didn't get to ride the carnival type rides they had because it rained off and on, but they never complained and really enjoyed their time there. The staff is friendly, the park is very clean, and the prices are reasonable. The shows are cute. On our last train ride some of the actors started ad-libbing and it was hilarious!

1  Thank BDenning

Reviewed 7 August 2010

I have been to Tweetsie as a child many times. I've taken my children and today my grand daughter. I have personally always loved Tweetsie, especially for younger children. It's not changed much over the years BUT the infamous train ride that always highlighted the trip was more than disappointing...It used to be fast and exciting...it was corny and some of the dialogue was more for adults than children..ie (one cowboy...the good guy said on his way to the outhouse, 'don't come knocking if the house is rockin'...the the lady deputy says as she's knocked down, 'I got kicked in my money maker'...REALLY? I always thought the targeted audience were the kids? I was shocked at this? Other than that, I will say my grand daughter was totally entertained. She's 4 and couldn't have had a better time.

3  Thank cindiwolfe
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My wife and I took our 3 year old daughter to Tweetsie Railroad recently and had a blast. I went to Tweetsie all the time growing up and wanted my daughter to enjoy it as I did as a kid. She had a great time and did not want to leave. The park is targeted more toward younger kids than most amusement parks. She was able to ride almost all the rides (most with an adult companion) except for a few newer adult oriented rides. There are lots of shows and also a petting zoo. The main attraction at Tweetsie in the coal powered steam engine train. You get to ride it around the mountain as the cowboys fight off outlaws out to steal the cash box. The only complaint I have is that I think it has become a bit expensive over the years compared to other parks of it’s size.

1  Thank timflex
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We were at Tweetsie Railroad 07-25-2010. As soon as we walked in, the train pulled up and made my son's day!! This park is very cute, fun, and good for families and smaller kids. I did think it was pricey for what was there. If they charged $20 for and adult and $10 for kid.. that would probably be a fair price. The shops were great and my child loved the saloon girls at Tweetsie palace. We found out why they have a Mouse Mine Ride...it was cheesy.. but a cute kind of cheesy. We had fun the whole day!

The only disappointments were: We were told Gem Mining was included but you do have to pay for buckets. The bucket prices were cheap compared to other places but there was not a whole lot in them. The train show was cute, the actors were decent, but needs new script! Last but not least, they need a person to run each fair ride. we had to wait to ride the tower ride because more people were lined up for the twister ride and one man was handling both rides.

My kid wants to go back as soon as possible and it felt good to just chill out in a little western town for day!

2  Thank lookn4greatdeals
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My daughter, almost 5, LOVED Tweetsie Railroad. She enjoyed the rides, food and the Tweetsie Train ride. The park was clean and well kept, and all staff we encountered were polite and seemed to be enthusiastic about being there. I will say, if you are expecting any thing along the lines of a Disney World, you will be sadly disappointed. However, if you are looking for a low key, high fun time with your small children, then you will have a BLAST!!

1  Thank SCMom38