“Worst service, food and Mother's Day dinner”
Review of The Cedars Inn

The Cedars Inn
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I have had a home here in Beaufort for 21 years. I just want to simply list what happened throughout our dinner.:

1. Waited 15 minutes to be greeted at our table..
2. Lipstick on glass- we were very understanding about this. Lipstick is hard to remove.
3. Falsifying specials- I asked about the specials listed on the board in the lobby. Waitress had no clue what I was taking about. Left to ask about specials and informed me that those were from night before.
4. Got appetizers with no plates. Literally had to ask for side plates (this is at a nice restaurant with table cloths and entrees 25 dollars plus)
5. Waitress finally brought the appetizer plates and instead of passing them to our five family members she put them on the table and basically said "here they are" like it was a Buffett restaurant and we were going back for seconds.
6. I went to the bathroom. On the way there informed the waitress that after 20 minutes of waiting we need additional water and some wine.
7. In the bathroom there was no toilet paper. I looked under the sink for the toilet paper. There was a box of Kleenex set on top of an empty toilet paper roll. Reminiscent of college bar years.
8. Went back to the table. Three of us order the filet mignon. Thirty minutes later we were informed they were out of filet. (Who runs out of filet)
9. Got our food- everyone but those scallops. The quickest thing to cook. This was over one hour after we had order food. We were informed the chef forgot about it.
10. Chef came to apologize .. we were gracious and they removed scallops and the wine from our tab.

We acknowledge the restaurants effort to mitigate our bill. However, my father wanted a nice dinner for my mother for Mother's Day and was more than willing to pay for a nice dinner. My fish was dry, the ribeye was awful and the service was even worse. Would not recommend this restaurant and will never be back. Plenty of better restaurants on this town - Blue Moon, Aqua, City Kitchen and even the Royal James.

1  Thank Emily C

Reviewed 12 May 2017

This was our first time with the new owners. Everything was excellent. We had dinner on Friday and breakfast on Sunday. I look forward to visiting this restaurant again.

2  Thank jojof40
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

We've been here many times in the past. There are new owners and the cuisine has gone markedly downhill. Greasy fried green tomatoes, cremated scallops. Nothing worthwhile. Won't be returning. The menu has been changed salads, entrees and desserts are no longer available.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed lunch here on the porch on a beautiful April day. We both started with a cup of the seafood bisque which was topped with pieces of smoked triggerfish. Quite tasty. My wife had the BLT which had a spicy aioli on the bread. I had a chicken salad sandwich with fresh lettuce and tomato slices. Both sandwiches were served with homemade potato chips.

This is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We have gone to Cedars several times and have given it a top rating. Evidently there are new owners and their changes have not maintained the quality that was there before.

1  Thank AdirondackTraveler10