“Solid sights & service ”
Review of The Dock House

The Dock House
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

While food is the basic fried fare of Beaufort, the service was spectacular. They were quite attentive. Always on top pf drink refills and checking on our meal. And the views? Lovely. Top and bottom tiered outdoor seating along with indoor, full window tables.
Pictured: crab dip. Creamy. Hearty serving (a lot for 2!) Super soft pita bread.

1  Thank Jessica L
CaptDon114, Owner at The Dock House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you for your review. Its not often we see good reviews... normally the bad ones... so Thank You !!!!!! Donald

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We go to the Dock house every time we are downtown Beaufort, it's where the locals go to hang out and have a drink. Boaters from all over have stopped there from Geraldo Rivera to Jimmy Buffet, you never know who you run into. A local musician Morris Willis always packs the house, deck and boardwalk. The food is good and some very cold beers. Kick back and enjoy. The staff are local and give it to you straight.

1  Thank leonardf143

Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!! Donald

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at The Dock House. Service was excellent. Our party of 6 enjoyed peel n eat shrimp, shrimp poor boys, soft shell crab, salad, rice and beans, and fries. The food was yummy and the weather and view perfect! Sixty degrees and sunny overlooking the water can’t get better for November. Can’t wait to come back!!

1  Thank Memillikan

Thank you and please do come back... Donald

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We attended on a Saturday evening. It was not busy. The server did not visit our table for 20 minutes. It would take 20-30 minutes for him to return. We ordered the tuna special. When our food came, over an hour later, it was cold and it was not tuna. It was an over cooked fish that was most definitely not tuna. The server then lied about the mess up, saying he told us that they were out of tuna. - one of our family members has an allergy and almost ate the food, it would have been bad!
The server did not return to our table for 45 minutes, we asked for our food to be comped, he wouldn’t do it. When we left the server said again, “this wasn’t my fault, I told you.” Which he didn’t.
As we left, we saw a table next to us had the tuna that we ordered

Sorry you had a bad experience here !!!! Last Sept-Oct for a few weeks we did employee one male waiter. So I know who "him" was. And I am sorry ! It should have been corrected. I wish you had spoken to a manager... we would have corrected it and maybe let him go sooner than we did. No one can fix "Trip Adviser" we can fix the Dock House... Donald

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

The view was immaculate it was close to sunset and it’s truly a view worth watching but the menu is deceiving. I suggest that the menu be updated with descriptions and pictures.

My fiancé ordered the Caribbean Jerk Chicken with black beans and rice, I ordered the Caribbean beans and rice sausage and shrimp but said no sausage, my mother in love asked for a burger, no tomatoes, she wanted onions and mayo. We all ordered a sweet tea, that tasted awful as well. The waitress told us it was the bottom of the tea. She got us a new batch of tea and it was awful.

So, then the food comes out and it’s nothing of what we were advised it would be. My fiancé’s jerk chicken was dry pieces of “seasoned jerk” chicken cut up (like grilled chicken on a salad) over rice and beans with peppers, onions and tomatoes. Mines was the same with sausage that I did NOT want, my mother in love told the waitress no tomatoes the waitress said, “Are you allergic?” Awful customer service and there wasn’t any mayo on her burger either. My mother took the tomatoes off which she does not eat tomatoes. She said the burger was okay. Needless to say I wouldn’t recommend this place to a dog. I give this a 1 because of the view. There were a couple of people who sat down and then looked at the menu and left. They did the right thing.