Pecan Tree Inn(Beaufort)
US$214
US$190
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

Inlet Inn(Beaufort)
Beaufort Inn(Beaufort)
All reviewsdive shopfull kitchenlay your headopen porchtwo nightseasy walkminute walkplace to stayfront streetpetlodginglocationbalconygetaway
Reviewed 19 August 2015

We vacation in Beaufort, Ocracoke and Wilmington NC every summer and are always looking for ways to stretch out our week to include a weekend. The challenge with that is we travel with our dog and it's very hard to find decent, clean and well-located hotels that accept a pooch. When we do find a good dog friendly abode we like to spread the word and Beaufort Harbor Suites is just such a place.

First of all, the suites are spacious and clean and that's very important. The location IS on the "other" side of route 70 so while it's an extremely close walk into the charming town square and neighborhoods, there is traffic noise if you stay in the buildings front rooms. Also, there is a food mart on one side of the building which isn't too attractive so my advice is to request rooms in the back, opposite the mart and you will be 100% fine.
For senior dogs, the building has a good elevator so they are saved from climbing stairs and there is undercover parking which helps beat the heat. The cleaning staff and folks at the Dive Shop (where you check in) are also really great.
I also highly recommend a day trip to the "shack" (Shackelford Island) where the water and shelling are fantastic. Also, Blue Moon Bistro is a must for a special dinner.

Room Tip: Again, Back of the building NOT on the food mart side
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marie G
Debby B, Manager at Beaufort Harbour Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

We do pride ourselves on being PET friendly and try to accommodate everyone!

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We stayed here on a Friday night before a fishing tournament. We checked in down the street at the scuba place, which I thought was a little weird, but also really convenient because that was where we rented a boat slip. I was slightly nervous walking back to the hotel because it didn't seem like the best place to be walking at night, but our group consisted of two fishing teams, so I felt like we were safe with that number of people. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the pull out bed was very comfortable. We didn't stay much longer than laying down our heads for a few hours, but it is definitely somewhere I would recommend and stay again. Great for the price.

Room Tip: If you check in at the scuba place, go there for a trip, or find yourself at the boat slips, make sure you say hello to Mooch the fat cat :)
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren L
Reviewed 17 May 2015

Large, well designed room, full kitchen, living and dining areas, large bathroom and tiny balcony. The room was clean and well designed (organization and decor). There is a nice common porch area with tables and sitting areas, the only drawback is that it faces a very busy and loud road. Parking is underneath the building (our car with rooftop kayaks fit in with inches to spare). There is an elevator which is nice when you have a lot of sporting gear to haul up to your room. This hotel accommodates divers, in fact it is run by a dive shop - there were no staff on site when we checked in, we had to go around the corner to the dive shop to check in. The staff at the dive shop were very friendly and helpful. There is no daily maid service.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank peripatetictexan_12
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

After staying here we are feeling a bit mislead. First of all, this place is right next to convenient store "Big Daddy Wesley Grocery" . I was quite surprised when I went in there with my kids on a family vacation to get snacks for the room and found out it was the type of place that sells drug paraphernalia. It is the type of place where you get your check cashed, buy lottery tickets and a 40. There is also a suspicious looking shack in the back right next to the hotel. When we told people in town where we staying they laughed and said it was the bad part of town.
BE SURE YOU TRIPLE CHECK ABOUT PET FRIENDLY ROOMS.
I chose this place because they said they had pet friendly rooms. I spoke with the person on the phone and booked a pet friendly room. Upon check out I was told we were not put on a pet friendly room. When I get my credit card statement there is a 275 dollar extra charge. When I called they said it was for cleaning a non pet friendly room. They said the carpets were all stained from our dog. First of all, our dog was in a crate anytime it was not with us. We did no damage to that room or carpet. I like how it is our responsibility that they did not put us in a pet friendly room. If we never stayed there before how are we supposed to know the difference? After the first day everyone saw we had a dog. Why not move us to the right room? We will be contesting these charges with our credit card company and hopefully we can spare other folks the experience we had.
Also, there is nobody at the hotel office. If you need anything you have to go to the dive shop. The maid never cleaned our room that we could tell. We did sleep late but she never came back.

On the positive side the guys who work in the shop and do the maintenance on the hotel were very friendly.
Next time we will leave the mutt at home and stay in a better part of town in one of the bed and breakfast places.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Grorges
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed at the Beaufort Harbour Suites when visiting for a dive trip on wrecks off of the North Carolina coast.

Very nice suites, interiors nicely kept - classy and comfortable. Parking underneath - Open exterior areas well kept and inviting.

We will likely stay there again on a future visit.

Room Tip: Rooms toward Cedar Street are a little noisy, but not bad. Have not stayed in any of the other rooms to know if they are quieter on the other side. A small hotel but very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends