Booked a 2 night luxury break with 3 course meal
1. No menu so no choice of food
2. 1000 acres of land equate to long drive in and sheep field. Forest walk which was meant to take 45 mins took 1 hour 30 minutes as we got lost, no signage and inadequate maps instructions. Also unkept so trampled through long grass, thistles and brambles. However wellingtons were provided.
3. No facilities.
Perfect if you are looking for a 1920's upper class experience i.e. no TV, no radio so a very quiet house. A large eating grand table so need to enjoy others company. Also need to share general space e. g. we had to share the sitting area with newly weds and their respective parents.
We were so disappointed we left after only the first night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temple House, in Sligo, is a classical Georgian mansion set in a private estate of over 1,000 acres, overlooking a 13th-century lakeside castle of the Knights Templar. The Perceval family home since 1665, the present manor was redesigned in 1864 and exudes the authentic and unpretentious country house atmosphere. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Temple House Hotel Ballinacarrow