All reviews main floor comfortable beds holly hiking guests
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Super Clean, Nice and New! If considering hosteling, this is the place to have a pleasant experience. Similar to a hotel we paid twice the amount a couple nights before. Quick walk to Downtown, we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Clean-Bohemian, Owner at Harmony Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you Nathan! You and your wife were delightful guests and welcome back anytime. It's so nice when people understand and appreciate the hostel concept.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I wish the US had more Hostel like Holly's! I stayed there for three night and absolutely enjoyed it. You feel immediately like you're home. This is due to the cleanliness of this place as well as the interior where Holly really put her heart in! The private beds are so cozy, this is nothing like a bunk bed hostel.
I just loved every little bit of it and I will defenitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Clean-Bohemian, Owner at Harmony Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your kind words Lea! Our efforts are rewarded when guests appreciate what we do and embrace the communal environment at Harmony Hostel. You were an absolute delight to host and are welcome back here anytime!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

The harmony Inn was an excellent place to get some rest and peaceful, tranquil, Bliss relaxation. Holly was an amazing host very nice and heartwarming. The harmony hostel is immaculate. I would highly recommend

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Clean-Bohemian, Owner at Harmony Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you Adam, we appreciate you and look forward to hosting you again. Our efforts are rewarded when we have guests like you that understand and appreciate what we do here at Harmony Hostel!

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Pros: Extremely clean and quiet. Very kind host in some regards. This hostel is located in a beautiful area. Very safe. A little different in a few ways than other hostels I've visited but could be considered a high end hostel. Very nice sitting areas nice offerings in the kitchen coffee maker etc. with a few minor changes I feel this place will be a 5 easily.

Cons: She hit us right away with things you're not to do in the facility. Made us a bit uncomfortable especially after we had a long day of hiking which unfortunately lead to an uneasy feeling about staying. We felt as if we were constantly thinking about accommodating the hostel and which rule we may or may not be breaking rather than spending our time relaxing and enjoying our stay. She said to us that she caters to an older demographic but all the signs she posts throughout leads to a crowd in the 20's such as this one. "Nobody wants to sit or step in your pee". Now if she gets all of her sign postings set up and decide who she's catering to, her hostel will be awesome in every way. The basement where the rooms are was a bit damp for me and slightly musty so I had difficulty getting warm she offers extra blankets if you need but it was much cozier on the main floor and my bed was kinda squeaky so bed could be a little more comfortable for sleeping I had a little trouble with that. So it may be a good idea to check out your bed before you get assigned. So be aware there are a lot of rules and a lot of signs all over the place. I'm really leaning towards a 2.5 star but that's not an option.

Would I stay there again? Probably not.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Clean-Bohemian, Owner at Harmony Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

I find it amusing when people comment about the fact that there are policies in a hostel, which is a communal environment. It's also ironic that even though these women signed off on the policy which says "no alcohol", they opened wine and poured a glass in the hostel. Yes, we have signs posted around the hostel to remind all guests to be mindful and respectful of the other guests so everyone will have a pleasant experience.

And when these two fifty something ladies violated the no alcohol policy I politely asked them to put the alcohol away. So even "older" guests don't respect the house policies, thus the need for signs to be posted around the hostel, as there are in all nicer/upscale hostels.

We don't need or want guests like this to return, we have plenty of loyal, repeat guests who understand and embrace the way we run this hostel. They are smart enough to realize that the policies are in place to protect them and insure that everyone is on the same wavelength.

As for the squeaky bed, it was the frame and all they had to do was mention it while they were here. We are located in the mountains so the sleeping area downstairs stays cooler than upstairs.

We think this review is "sour grapes" (no pun intended) because the owner told the guests to put their wine away.

Oh well, can't please everyone and we are OK with that.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

When I started looking for affordable lodging for a ski trip to Beech Mountain Resort with my teenage son, this place popped right up front on my computer screen. I went to the website and read a little about it and saw all the photos. Then I started to feel an inexplicable connection that this was it. Booking from their website was easy. I got a confirmation email back soon after. Then I forgot about it over the next week until the day we headed out and arrived.

We met Holly first thing when we arrived, who was immediately friendly, cheerful and hospitable. She quickly explained how everything worked and we were good to go and be at ease. I particularly appreciated the communal vibe and the basis of mutual respect.

I didn't read any of the reviews prior to booking. But upon preparing to depart, I wanting to give a positive call out for this place, so I got on Trip Advisor and started reading them. It is absolutely no surprise that all 19 reviews are a perfect 5 out of 5. What can I say that hasn't already been said in those highly complementary reviews. Based on my experience, they are 100% on-the-money.

I had a nice chat with Holly during some downtime and learned the hostel first opened in Oct. 2015. I was very pleased to see how Holly had the whole place layed out with thoughtful practicality, yet simplicity. It's probably the cleanest place I've every stayed and I travel a lot for my work and have stayed in lots of nice places. Clearly our host Holly takes great pride in sharing this charming and comfortable "home-away-from-home" with the community.

Bottom line is I can't say enough good things about this place and our stay. We will definately return on our next trip back to the area!!!!

Thanks Holly :-)

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PHIL T

Thanks Phil, we look forward to your return visit. Glad you understand and embrace the hostel experience!