“Dinner out”

The Pedalin' Pig Bbq
Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We ate at The Pedalin Pig on May 17th, 2018. We were staying at Grandfather Mtns Campground so it was close. We love BBQ and have had from many places during our travels. I did read reviews before we went and we decided to give it a go!! We got seated when we walked in the door. The 1st thing wrong was dirty napkins at my feet were not picked up. The 2nd issue we had was the table was not washed. I do have to mention our waitress "Hannah" was very nice and helpful, BUT, Hannah, pay attention to the small stuff (she did not sear us). We didn't like that fact that we were seated next to kitchen when there were many open tables. Let's get to the GOOD! I didn't feel like BBQ as did my husband so I ordered the fish sandwich. He ordered the pulled pork sandwich. All I can say is Chic Fil A is better than what I had (sorry)! His sandwich was great. The problem was, everything was to overfryed, including the hushpuppies. The potato salad was excellent. I do think the place could use a scrubbing.

1  Thank CarolS4228

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Pulled pork was excellent. Green beans were seasoned with bacon, which was extremely tasty, but salty. Fried okra, hush puppies and BBQ sauce were all amazing. Be prepared for leftovers. ☺

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The BBQ is very good, but the sides need work. Marinated cukes and onions should be more than veggies dunked in vinegar.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Very pretty place, I had the Workers Lunch Smoke Pork meal with slaw and pub chips and a Booneshine beer. My meal was very good, the chips has coarse sea salt on them but not to much and the white slaw was great. My friend had the Beef Brisket Sandwich and a side of Mac Cheese. They have different sauces, they look like home made on the table. The bathroom was very clean. Coming back soon.

1  Thank HenryNC7
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Not the best meal we had. First, the restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived, yet they seated us right in front of the kitchen...not very pleasant to listen and look at when you are eating. My ribs were extremely dry, and the green beans were awful. Did not fully cook the baked potato either. We also waited about 30 minutes to try and find the waitress to give us our check so we can get outta there.