“Best BBQ ”

The Pedalin' Pig Bbq
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend this Restaurent if you are in Banner Elk or Boone NC

The brisket was off the chain fabulous and thick! My husband had the dinner plate and it was a HUGE portion ~ sides were exceptional.
I had the workers lunch that included a brisket sandwich, homemade chips and coleslaw. It was large portions as well!
My son had the pulled pork dinner plate!
The sauce options covered the southeastern US ~ I loved the honey chipotle!

The fried pork skins were a great way to start off the dinner!

This place Is a must !!!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

My 15 year old daughter and I ate here tonight. The moment we walked in the restaurant smelled heavenly! We were greeted and sat immediately. Gina was our waitress and she very nice. Willing to talk to us and give us tips on where to go and what to do while in the area. I ordered the trout, fried okra and a sweet potatoe. My daughter ordered the beef brisket, Mac and cheese and okra. The food was excellent! The food proportions were large and we both left with leftovers.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Hush Puppies over cooked. Texas Toast very dry and not fit to eat. Bar-B-Que sauce watery and not very tasty. Baked Beans had a very strange taste. Ribs were OK, Pork was about average and dry. on the other hand the service was good, Our waitress checked on us often. We will not go back.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This place has been so hyped to my husband and myself that of course we were anxious to try it out. It has been my experience that in order to get good food in the off season go on a Friday afternoon, any other time you get reheated leftovers. Also, the first thing I look for is the sanitary rating which is posted. How can a restaurant have a 90% rating? How is that possible? I admit that I am a clean freak, but when you run a restaurant and take people's hard earned money...don't we deserve better? However, my husband wanted to try the food which looked amazing plated. I had the smoked turkey sandwich and my husband had the ribs. The meat was old and reheated. I would rather have eaten the Krispie Kreme donuts that were in our car. You may be asking yourself what day we were there. Yup, it was a Thursday! When will I learn?

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch had bbq ribs very dried out
Not good at all my wife had smoked turkey sandwich. Not quite as bad but old and dried out
Service was good waitress very nice.
Will not go back