All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomcereal boxesfully equipped with everythinghome away from homegreat little placefelt like homelarge bathroomfull sizewhirlpool tubgreat place to stayking bedphilgamesfutonfireplacecreamer
Reviewed 28 October 2016

My husband and I have stayed at Little Main Street Inn numerous times, and every visit is amazing. I am sad to admit that I have failed to write this review until now. I am the type of person to only write a review for either awesome experiences or not so awesome...and the owners of this Inn are more than awesome! Phil and Lori are the sweetest people in Banner Elk, and do a stellar job running this inn. Their hard work, dedication, work ethic, attention to detail and heart really show during your stay. Phil is very personable, generous, and although he is not on grounds every moment - he is just a phone call away to help with anything you need...even to help you with your luggage as you check in or out. Lori is the sweetest person ever, and her attention to detail with her decorations is adorable, and everything is so tidy and straight - and has a place of its own. She changes the decor seasonally, which helps give the Inn the Banner Elk charm. We have traveled all around the united states, and have stayed at many many hotels, cabins, campgrounds, inns etc - but Little Main Street is one of our favorites. Rooms couldn't be cleaner, people couldn't be nicer, and the inn has everything you need for a great vacation.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

This place is definitely a diamond in this beautiful country rough! Highly recommend this lovely Inm. They are very accommodating on making you feel at home and have everything you need. If you are ever in the Blue Ridge Mountains make sure to give this gem of a place a visit to rest your weary bones.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I stayed 4 nights in #8, the smallest of the rooms. I really, really do mean small. I think there are rooms in NYC larger than this one! The description on the website and the photos gave me the impression the room had more space. This section is also old. I was worried the entire time about what crawly creatures would come up to visit from the cracks in the floor. I did not see any during my stay inside my room but there was a good sized spider living outside my door in the hallway. (I say was. I killed it.). This room is located off the front porch on the side the porch swing is located. Should some group decide to sit there and talk and laugh until 11:30 or so at night and you are in bed attempting to sleep.....good luck with that! You can hear EVERY word they speak and EVERY move they make. I met another couple there who were in shock at the size of my room. They were staying in the room with the chicken theme. The chicken room/suite is huge. I did feel safe there. The flowers were beautiful. The location is good as well. I never saw the inn keepers.

Room Tip: Do not get one next to the front porch!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Yiska2010
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We took a spur of the moment overnight trip to escape the heat of the Piedmont. We had an excellent dinner in Banner Elk, and our Thursday night stay coincided with the local farmers' market and a free concert in the town park. Our room (a suite with separate den and kitchen area) was at the front of the inn but we never noticed any traffic noise. Everything was super clean and maintained, even down to the in-room coffee maker. Breakfast is self-serve from items in the room (including a carton of milk in our fridge) and more cereals & packaged baked goods in the hallway. Jacuzzi plus a stimulating shower! We'll come back!

Room Tip: Away from the road might be better, but we experienced zero traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j2dor
Reviewed 17 July 2016

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed here. The first was several years ago and the second was this past week. We just returned home from a wonderful getaway. The first stay was on the first floor, the second was on the second floor. We enjoyed both very much. The second floor "condo" had a full kitchen, quaint livingroom and bathroom with full size washer and dryer. It also had two separate bedrooms accessed by different stairwells. Plenty of room for at least 6, so my wife and I had more than enough room. There are tons of DVD's, games and books in the hallways to borrow. We were able to walk across the street to access the greenway that runs through the park, over to Banner Elk Cafe and then on to the lake behind Lees Mcrea college. What a nice relaxing stay.

I would mention that if you struggle with stairs, the second floor is not for you as there are stairs to the condo and then stairs up to the rooms. The bathroom was small, but that was not a problem for my wife and I.

We will be staying at Little Main Street Inn again in the future! I recommend this Inn to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple