All reviews paddle boats mini golf tennis courts indoor pool two bedroom unit putt putt master bath grandfather mountain blue ridge gas fireplace washer dryer full kitchen corn hole grocery store time share recommend this resort great resort
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We are currently staying in the 2 bedroom loft on our 3rd day. The loft is what you expect for an old loft. The couches are extremely work an old. I took a blanket to cover these as my allergies have been substantially worse while staying in this unit. There were crumbs under the loveseat cushions when we were trying to determine where the sofa sleepers were located in the unit. There are a few items that ha e been updated to include the mattresses on the twin beds. I have not seen any bugs in the unit. Water sprays out when turning the faucets on and using the shower; esp. when using hot water. I have very mixed feelings about customer service, but have been very disappointed due to one bad experience this evening. There were two female employees yesterday that helped us rent the paddle boats and were very friendly. My husband took my son swimming this evening around 8 pm (upon arrival we were told that pool closes at midnight). My husband attempted to access the pool through the interior lobby that is normally opened with a room key. The lobby pool door was locked and not accessible with his room key. The attendant at the counter told him the door was locked and that the pool was only accessible through the exterior pool door. My husband asked him to open the interior door since he wasn’t swimming and it was pouring down rain outside. The gentleman at the counter said he would not help him and was very rude. Overall, I’m very disappointed in the customer service. Overall cleanliness is poor. I have severe allergies and concern about germs when it comes to my children. I went to the store and purchased Lysol yo spray down her entire unit and bedding down before anything was used or touched. The paddle boats were enjoyable and there are activities on site to do if the weather is pretty. We experienced the whole time we were here and went offsite for most activities. The area is beautiful. We had a great time at grandfather mountain, Linville waterfalls, and Mystery Hill, but I would have a hard time returning to this resort based upon the cleanliness of the loft and terrible customer service experience. Most of the pics posted by other travelers are in target and I don’t feel that anything additional is needed. Please experience some of the beautiful mountains and hikes in the area, but it may be better to utilize your points elsewhere and purchase a vacation rental outside of Bluegreen for this area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Vivian F
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this resort for years and are never disappointed. Very rustic atmosphere in the units. Only draw back is the giant garden tub in the master bath which makes the shower to small. A future renovation will correct I am sure. Appliances were all well maintained and the cook wear was new. We will be back for sure.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Beautiful rooms,grounds,location and above what we expected! Safe,manicured,fun and still tucked in the mountains!
Stayed for the Highland games in July and wanted to stay all summer! We will definitely stay again next year!awesome guys!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Room was clean and well stocked with everything we needed. We traveled with family and they brought highchairs and a pack a play to the room. The units also have washer and dryers. Other reviews have mentioned bugs...we did not see any! Blue Green has acquired this resort recently and is in the process of updating. The grounds were well kept and the weather was wonderful. There were no issues hearing people in the adjoining rooms. It was quiet and peaceful when we were there and the place was full due to the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games. We would certainly go back! This location is as excellent central location for exploring Boone, Blowing Rock and other NC locations as well as Elizabethton and Johnson City TN

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This fesort could use some updated floors, the carpeys were really bad! THERE WERE BUGS CRAWLING ON THE CARPET,,, WE had ro move units due to the first unit being unsafe, because of the many different levels .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI