“Amazing!”

Bodegas Kitchen and Wine Bar
Ranked #25 of 51 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our family of 5 tried out Bodega’s last night and we were SO glad we did! There are very few good restaurants in the area so we were really happy to find another one. This is probably one of the best restaurants I’ve ever been to. The staff were all wonderful and attentive and the food was simply delicious. We loved the Brussel sprouts, fish sandwich, tacos, plantains, and freshly squeezed drinks for the kids. Everything we ate was wonderful and the atmosphere was clean and inviting. We will definitely come back next time we’re in the area.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Staff was engaging and informative. Food was exceptional with a variety to choose. Loved the brussel sprouts! Small tacos to try lots of fresh flavors and salsas. Looking forward to warmer weather so deck will be open. Jalapeno beer and minty lime cocktails were refreshing. Guava wontons with rum sauce to top it off. Maybe someday they will have breakfast with cuban coffee?

Reviewed 10 March 2018

This edition of Excited about Eating takes us to Bodegas Kitchen and Wine Bar located in Banner Elk, NC. In the middle of the mountains, this newly-opened tapas style restaurant serves food with a Caribbean fare. Dora here. If you aren’t paying attention, you’ll pass this place. Like I did the first time. lol. It’s tucked back into a corner of Eagles Nest Marketplace.

Inside is fresh and clean with ample space between tables. But I’m really looking forward to sitting outside on this amazing deck when the weather warms!

For our appetizer, we chose the Brussels Sprouts, fresh and lightly fried, and served with a tangy aioli sauce. The sprouts were outstanding, served al dente with a smoky char and worked well with the aioli. Dora here. I’m not a huge fan of sprouts, but Ernie loves them. The sauce was great, but the sprouts a tad too stiff for me.

For lunch, I chose the Cubano, a pressed sandwich packed with pork, ham, Swiss cheese, mustard and pickles, and served on authentic Cuban bread. The sandwich was great, loaded with meat and cheese, but the real winner here was the Fire Roasted Street Corn, slathered with mayo and queso fresco cheese and roasted to perfection.

Dora here. Oh my goodness, y’all, check out this ginormous fish sandwich!! Ernie actually took a picture of me trying to eat this monster, but I wouldn’t let him post it. lol. Perfectly fried cod, incredibly soft and the freshest of breads, a delightful crunchy slaw, and amazing flavors…what more could a person want in a meal? I would definitely order this again. Typically, I only like plantains fried like chips, but our server made these Maduros sound delicious. And, oh, were they! They were fried to give the outside a slight crunch, but inside was soft and sweet, buttery even, with a hint of…brown sugar? Guessing here, but this dish was almost like dessert. Definitely another winner!

Our food came out fast, and our server was attentive and friendly. Their amazing food and impeccable service won us over. Bodegas is going on our “favorites” list.

What new restaurant have you tried recently? What did you enjoy most about it? We'd love to know! ~Ernie & Dora Hiers, Fiction Faith & Foodies Blog

1  Thank Ernie and Dora H
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

A really nice place to enjoy a night out
Tapas and such but ALL are gourmet and Unique. The Fish Sandwich is is best value
Love plantain chips with Garlic sauce Dip
,BEST Mojitos ( Strawberry my favorite)
We pretty much tried everything on the menu and have not been disappointed with anything. Hats off to the staff and Owners
that go out of their way to make your night special. Extremely professional and on par with most restaurants in the big cities.
Can’t say enough about this place . TWO THUMBS WAY UP!!!

1  Thank drpeaceman
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Tapas style menu...what you order is perfectly priced for the portion you get which is perfect for trying out several items. The food focuses on fresh ingredients, which really comes out in the flavor in a big way. Our server Hannah was great, very helpful and engaging. The bartenderJocelyn, came to our table and introduced herself. I must say, she really knows her business....or in this case, she really, truly understands the art of mixology. Not too strong (a product of overpouring), and not too weak (a product of using too much mixer) , our drinks were just right.....much like the pourage that Goldie Locks picked. We will definitely be frequenting the place in the near future.

1  Thank Rusty S