“Can't wait to go again! ”
Review of La Bella Havana

La Bella Havana
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bella Havana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 327 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

This is a great spot very low key and fantastic food! A+ to the chef! The hostess, the waiters, the bartender were the best. They had smiles and welcome you with open arms. The style of the place is old Havana it was nice. Can't wait to make my next reservation or walk in.

There are newer reviews for La Bella Havana

Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

The food here was quite good except for the rice. They only make jasmine rice and I really don't like the smell or the taste so I ate the churasco which was cooked really good. They had a happy hour drink special which was great. If it weren't for the rice, if come again.

1  Thank yuyi23
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Nice place with good food!! There's metered parking- so be careful.
Small place- so call for a reservation.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

Worst restaurant in Yonkers. The chef don't know how to cook. Please don't waste your money. The new owners don't care about the customers..I Hate the food.

Reviewed 23 January 2015

This is one of those places that drew me in and I just had to keep coming back. Starting with a sample of the $3 white sangria they were selling at their table at Yonkers Riverfest over the summer, I was lured inside to order a full-sized one. Of course, one thing led to another and I found myself chowing down on a Cuban sandwich. The rest is history.

If you've read any of my other reviews, you know that I'm a huge fan of Yonkers and am an advocate for good, inclusive economic revitalization. The Southwest Yonkers area surrounding Getty Square has long been neglected, so when I realized there were riverside parks and cute cafés just a bus ride away from my Bronx neighborhood, I was all about it.

The food here is technically average to good. It's similar to the Puerto Rican and Dominican food I came of age on in the Bronx with some new flavors, so it's easy to like the offerings if you enjoy that kind of food. My favorite is probably the cochinito tazón, a bowl of chicharrón (deep-fried pork bits) sprinkled over rice and beans with a pico de gallo-type mix and avocado bits with hot sauce added. Pack on the calories, but this is comfort food at its best. The bistec sandwich is also a winner with it's juicy, thin cuts of steak and onions with a thin, crispy French bread crust. I recent tried the salmon in mango salsa, which offered a very generous piece of fish and a fresh cut side of mango and veggies, if you're looking to go healthy and not fried.

The draw here for me is the drinks. There is red and white sangria, which tastes sweet but packs a punch (no pun intended.) The waitress rattled of an extended list of fruit-flavored mojitos (coconut and pineapple are quite good), plus of course the original. These are my good-tos and I keep going back.

I'd suggest that the service could be a bit better sometimes (I waited a while for my drink during one diner visit) and once my rice was only luke warm. There's nothing here I've eaten or drank that was bad. The bar scene here is pretty chill and you'd think you were downtown Manhattan somewhere. What's cool is that during the summer the restaurant has outdoor seating and has a deal where they have access to a fenced in yard across the street which hosts a live DJ, hookah, and lounge-style seating, which I've not tried yet.

Possibly the best part is that while not especially cheap, they offer very good deals everyday. On weekdays they offer lunch specials, brunch specials on the weekends, date night specials on Mondays, and Happy Hours where all sangrias, mojitos, well drinks, and beers are 1/2 price everyday from 4-7. No, that's not a typo: EVERYday 4-7. If that is not a deal, I don't know what is.