New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“A True Breath of Fresh Air” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodstock Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Woodstock Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Woodstock B&B and Inns
East Hampton, New York
“A True Breath of Fresh Air”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

As an old 'Woodstocker' I find myself revisiting the area often for a strong dose of its beauty, freshness, and wonderful free and good nature. I discovered the Woodstock Country Inn by chance a few years ago and heartily recommend a stay there. The location is private, deer filled with beautiful mountain views and a short short trip to a wonderful dinner at the Bear Cafe.The Inn is immaculate and extremely well run by Carol, a true professional and a delightful host who has the good sense to appear when I need something and leave me on my own when I don't. The rooms (I always stay in the "white room') are simple, farmhouse-y, unpretentious, uncluttered and thick towels and robes are provided as well as top of the line linens. I wouldn't stay anywhere else .....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jennifer L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

My wife and I had a lovely stay at the Woodstock Country Inn. A truly beautiful spot, complimented by Carol, the owner/innkeeper who is an extremely warm, welcoming and interesting lady. The inn itself is cozy, spotless clean, quiet, like being in your own home only with someone else taking care of everything. We look forward to going back very soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

My wife and I visited the Woodstock Country Inn for two nights to celebrate her birthday and we really had a great time. Carol made us feel perfectly at home with her engaging conversation and stellar breakfast. The sound of the wind in the trees on the mountain soothed us to sleep at night... The fire in the living room (with plenty extra firewood) heated up our scrabble game and reading time...what else? It is a 3 minute drive into town...there are great walks to take right from the property... The room was clean and well stocked. Highly recommended. We are planning to return with our parents in the spring!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

What a wonderful winter getaway! I was looking for a quiet and relaxing trip out of the city and this place was just as I hoped with its authentic country style and tasteful, warm accommodations. I stayed in the White Room, which was cozy at night and lovely in the morning. The surrounding country setting is stunning (great place for photography, walking/running) and as a city girl it made me appreciate the winter in way I hadn’t in a long time - peaceful and invigorating. Would love to go back and experience the other 3 seasons!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Ana F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We've stayed at the inn three times. We don't go to Woodstock for fun but rather to visit an ailing relative. Carol is the proverbial silver lining to us. It almost feels like going home as of this trip. She makes us fires in cozy living room, offers tea and EVEN brings me NY Times as am an X-word fanatic. Nice breakfasts with freshly baked bread and delish muffins.
Carol has suggestions re food and tourist attractions that inevitably hit the spot.
The inn is so charming, welcoming AND spotlessly clean w air-dried sheets on the bed with nice hard mattresses.
We'd never stay anywhere else, in part because of the inn's quiet charm and because Carol is such fun and a hoot, to boot.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
4.3 km away
3.5 km away
Morning Glory B&B Woodstock
Morning Glory B&B Woodstock
#7 of 10 in Woodstock

Been to Woodstock Country Inn? Share your experiences!