All reviews record player fire pit rock and roll cute room hippie vibe perfect hotel fun place main road family wedding spent nights girls weekend salt water pool rooms are clean place to stay enjoyed our stay short drive get away
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Dylan while visiting Woodstock, NY, for a family wedding. We enjoyed the hotel's retro styling (rooms come equipped with vintage record players and vinyl records to play on them), and the staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming, particularly Karen, the hotel manager. The crystal clear salt water pool with its nicely appointed pool deck was a nice surprise, and was especially appreciated since our 20 month old daughter accompanied during our stay. If your travels take you to Woodstock and you're not looking to rough it, the Dylan is a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review! It is very much appreciated. More importantly, I'm so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and I hope you come visit us again soon!
Take care,
Karen

Reviewed 23 March 2017

An old school motel turned into a high-end hipster hang. The designers, The Novogratz team, are clearly talented and understand who the clientele will be for this property-- NYC escapees. At first I was put off by the price but I can see in the summer it would be worth it. There is a cool pool and a fire pit. I stayed in the winter on a special rate and felt like I was getting a nice deal. It was terrific to have a delicious meal at the restaurant Sante Fe which is basically on the property. Nice if you have a second margarita you can walk back to your room. So yes, if you want a hick-ster Catskills weekend---go for it! If groovily appointed decor makes you cranky, not for you.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Second visit back to the Dylan, was just as pleased this time as my first. Very clean, very friendly staff, great locale. First time there the Sante Fe restaurant was not quite open since then it has opened so it made the stay even better. I just find it a happy place, the manager Karen is excellent. Kudos to her for keeping the vibe alive. I will be back for a third visit I'm sure.

Room Tip: 2 floors they all face the street but your far enough away to suppress the noise
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank william m
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

The website and the instagram account intrigued us so when we were going to visit friends in the area we decided to try it out. The theme of Woodstock/music was spot on and well designed. It was cute without being cheesy. The bathroom was super clean and very nicely designed. The king sized bed was super comfy so we slept well. We heard some noises from upstairs but nothing to the extent described by some other reviewers.

In the morning I made my coffee in the Keurig and drank it in the hammock which was outside of the rooms. I enjoyed a lazy morning and he enjoyed sleeping in.

Staff was very pleasant. Everything was top notch. However, the hotel is close to the road so some noise is heard. Also, the pool was closed but it appears that the drivers and people parking in front of the Santa Fe restaurant might have a view into the pool. Perhaps some privacy screens would be helpful.

Overall, loved our experience and will return when we are in the area again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Agata B
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I stayed at the Hotel Dylan this past weekend and really enjoyed it. The rooms are fantastic, with comfy king beds, 60's era art including great photos from the Woodstock concert and memorabilia including record players with a stack of classic albums, large modern bathrooms with powerful showers, good lighting, mini fridges and coffeemakers and flat screen TVs with plenty of stations. Outside there's a great fire pit and the charming, helpful owner Karen provided us with the makings of S'mores. The hotel is well located (5 minutes from downtown Woodstock). The only reason I didn't give this fab spot 5 stars is that there can be noise, either from the road or from rooms above or beside as the walls seem a bit thin. Nonetheless I will definitely stay at the Dylan again and highly recommend it for those seeking a unique, laid back hotel experience.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank nancyoBoston
Hoteldylan, Owner at Hotel Dylan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Thank you Nancy, really appreciate your kind words! Look forward to having you back! :)