“Read these reviews! It's all too true :( the Chamber of Commerce will no endorse this hovel”

Crest Inn Suites & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wilton
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I looked at some reviews and thought, well I am not picky and just need a cheap place to crash after a bike ride and thought the price was right. Oh was I wrong.
Walking in the room had a terrible dead animal smell in the front, It was late and we had no where else to go, and guy at the front he was just covering-which Ive seen in other reviews-so no help.
The towel were obviously used as was the soap, There was a large tub that did not work. There was no door on the shower which turns out was maybe as there was NO HOT WATER! and I just rode my bike over 100 miles and needed a shower.
There were many appliances in the dead animal room and not ONE worked--not one!

This seems like a place you would go to smoke crack or shoot up. Of course the owner was never available and voice box always full.
The local Chamber of Commerce said they would not endorse as they have received several complaints about the conditions.
We were stuck as late at night and no where else to go...I was afraid and also disgusted to stay there and if you read the reviews, this seems to be a theme-they get people in with cheap prices then are mysteriously unavailable. This is NOT worth the price and I urge you to AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank katrina s
There are newer reviews for Crest Inn Suites & Cottages

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Read the other recent reviews of this place before you even consider making a reservation. The room I stayed in appeared to have already been lived in and was not cleaned. Worst of all was that THERE WAS NO HOT WATER. Upon confronting the front desk for a refund, the young man claimed to not work for the motel and was "just covering" for someone. He blew me off and gave me the owners card and to call them. Upon numerous attempts to contact the owners, they did not pick up and had the classic "voice mailbox is full," so no one can even leave a message. On the final attempt, Arslan (one of the listed owners) made excuses for all the horrible experiences and said he would not give a refund. Watch out for this scam! Sleeping in your car is a better option than paying any amount of pennies to stay at this dump.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
2  Thank Anderstone
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Recently renovated???? No way!! All the pictures are a false representation of this place. It was disgusting. The door to my room looked like it had veen kicked in at one time, there was a whole in the floor, no toiletries were provided except a half roll of toilet paper (i had to go buy my own), the bathroom door didnt close, the toilet did not flush, half the outlets didn't work, the lamps didn't have light bulbs in them, there was an open gap to the outside above the AC where bugs kept coming in, and we even got locked in our room because the lock wasn't working right. Come to find out there were roaches there also!!! I confronted the manager and he denied everything and said i had the nicest room there and he had no idea why i was upset about the conditions. What a joke.....this place is a freaking dump. DO NOT spend a penny here, nobody could pa me to stay in a place this disgusting!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank chatterbabe7
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Arrived here and waited ten minutes at the desk and didnt get the clerk until we called the number. Looking around, there were piles of trash bags, beer bottles, and construction debris EVERYWHERE. Made reservations here for a cottage, was told on arrival there aren't any open yet, took a room. It had a strong odor and bad locks. On further looking, the tub was never cleaned and had not one but two used bars of soap in it! We took our key back and left, it was disgusting.
Run far away from this motel!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Ourmerc
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I can't believe people are writing bad things about this quaint 1960's style hotel.Yes it may need a little update here and there but to me thats what makes it unique.I cannot believe that people are so disgusted with this place.Bith my wife and I found the place to be very clean,all toiletries were new and fresh.The place did need a light bulb in the bathroom but everything else was fine.The vending machines were full and had a great selection avaialable.When I did ask for another pillow our very gracious hosts brought it right to us.I am amashamed that people would talk so badly about this place.I give 4 stars across the board.And yes I will stay there again with no problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joseph B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton
5.3 km away
6.5 km away
Robin Hood Motel
Robin Hood Motel
#22 of 34 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Crest Inn Suites & Cottages? Share your experiences!