All reviewssaratoga springsrace trackminute drivesarasotamicrowavedinerbeddingkeyny
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Had a confirmed reservation through an internet provider and called metel twice to confirm the week prior to arrival and to check on whether a coffee pot was provided in the room. At 9 PM the evening before I was to arrive, I received a call from them telling me they could not accommodate me. The could give me 3 of the 6 nights. The twon was completely booked and had been booked for several days before my trip. I was running an event in town and changing hotels on the biggest day of the event was not in the picture. The booking firm agreed that I did indeed have a reservation. No follow-up from them, no attempt to find another place, etc., etc. Bad news. Also learned from another member of my original party that they were not very accommodating.
s

Stayed: June 2017
Donald B, Manager at Birches Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Annette W, good morning, my name is Don Baughman, I am the Manager of THE BIRCHES MOTEL, in Saratoga/Wilton New York.
We received a review from you regarding us calling you and cancelling your reservation (night not listed}
We have gone thur our reservations for the past month and did not find your name any where. we have had at least 8 rooms available
each night for the past month due to the weather in this area.. I believe you have the wrong property in mind, plus this area has not
had a weekend where every one was booked. Saratoga has over 30 properties and 2000 rooms.
We would like to welcome you as a guest if your travels bring you to our area. Please give me a call at 518-584-1484 so we can help
you.

Donald B
Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Couldn't have made a better choice. Very pleasant stay in an extremely well kept, clean and quiet family motel. You have everything you need all around you and the racetrack and downtown just around the block. The managers were so nice and helpful; we'll be back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Donald B, Manager at Birches Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Thank You for your kind remarks. We try to make everyones stay as enjoyable
as we can. Please come back to see us again.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This was our second year staying here for 5 weeks. Extremely happy with the room. The managers Don an Sharon, always had clean towels and changed the bedding regularly and checkiif everything was ok. We enjoyed several happy hours with them with drinks, cheese and cracker with chip mocks, squirrels and birds all around us.there was a grill that we took advantage of. Would highly recommend staying there, great room accommendations, atmosphere, landscape and managers!

Room Tip: Dunkin Donuts, deli, post office, bank, Stewart's, liquor store ,pizza place and pharmacy within walking distance.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Donald B, Manager at Birches Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

We enjoy having your with us and look forward to seeing you next year.
enjoy your time in the warm country. Sharon and Don

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We rented two rooms. Both very clean. Beds were newer and comfortable. The couple who own/operate the motel were friendly and helpful at every turn. They recommended a great restaurant nearby. Just loved this place! This was one of our favorite motels of our two-week trip to the northeast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Donald B, Manager at Birches Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank You for your kind remarks. We try to treat each and every guest as family
and try to keep the property up todate.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Before I booked this motel, I read all reviews and trusted what people had said. It started out badly when we arrived at 3:00 pm to check in. (This is the time advertised on booking.com, maybe it was a mistake?).The office was locked up and a note on the door said they would be back at 4:00 pm. We had just driven 4 hours so we had to drive around for an hour waiting for someone to return. We went back at 4, no one was there, I tried calling numbers and no one would answer. Finally at 4:20, the owners arrived. They just said they had business to take care of, no apology. We should have left then. They gave us a key to a room and we went in and it wasn't cleaned yet. They make a mistake and gave us the wrong room so we moved to another room. The room was small but seemed clean and in good repair, until I opened the cupboard door and saw piles of white powder or some substance dumped inside the cupboard along with something that looked like the inside of a shoe, it made me wonder how thoroughly they cleaned the room. The shower in the bathroom was way too tiny, you had to have the shower directly on your head or step halfway outside the shower, never seen anything like that. There was nowhere to hang a towel by the sink or to put anything. The dead bolt did not lock on the door. It was way overpriced for a tiny old room. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Donald B, Manager at Birches Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

As I mentioned when your husband stated " I've never seen a motel closed during the day"
We had DR, appointments, sorry we are late.
1/ It was my fault that you were given the wrong key, but my wife corrected that as you
entered the room.
2/ yes our rooms are a little smaller than the newer hotel, however we are less expensive.
3/ The couple who occupied the room the night before to let us know they had spilled
some foot powder and the housekeeper misssed it, my fault.
4/ The showers and all rooms have been completly remodeled within he past year, which is
why we run an high occupancy year round.
We take alot of pride in the motel and making every guest feel welcomed and at home.
Please try us again and we will show you why are reviews are exceptional.
Sharon and Don Resident Managers