“Open Kitchen dining”
Review of This Little Pig

This Little Pig
Ranked #17 of 173 Restaurants in Williamsville
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We decided to have dinner here a few hours earlier than our arrival. We had called and knew that there were no reservations but there might be seats at the bar. When we arrived we were seated at the open kitchen bar. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed that experience and will probably never ask to be seated at a table if it is just the two of us. When we sat down we were greeted by one of the cooks making sundaes and then the person delivering warm bread and butter. Our server quickly acknowledged us and came back a few minutes later to take our drink order. They had a good selection of local beers on tap to choose from. I thought the menu along with nightly specials was more than adequate and had something for everyone. After our drinks were delivered we ordered our meal. While we waited we chatted with the chef in charge of the pizza ovens. He also showed us the other appetizers that passed through the ovens as they were completed. We wanted to try them all. At one point the chef/owner stopped by to see how everything was doing. My husband has ordered the pierogi appetizer and the shaved Brussels Sprout Salad and I ordered the Avocado Chopped salad with grilled shrimp. The salads arrived very fresh and nicely dressed. We both enjoyed them. The pierogies were very large with just the right amount of cheesy stuffing with a light mustard sauce. They were well cooked and very tasty. Overall we had an excellent meal and a great night out at This Little Pig. We cannot wait to return.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We visited this restaurant with friends after hearing about it. We were very pleased with it. The menu is not huge, but there should be something for everybody. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Our meals were excellent. The wined beer list are quite good. Prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a casual restaurant. It has a variety of different choices. The food is good. Not a very big place. Can make reservations on open table. Service was good too

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We had heard so many great things about this place, could not wait to try it. We finally got our chance last week. I had the pierogi appetizer and my husband had the stuffed pepper. Each was ok. We then shared a pizza. We just ordered a basic cheese pizza with what was described as a tomato confit. That was a bit disappointing. The tomato confit tasted like a blob of plain tomato paste plopped on top of the crust. The crust itself was flat and lacking salt.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Christmas Eve was our first visit to This Little Pig. We had a reservation for a bistro table but ended up sitting at the open kitchen instead which seemed both more fun and also roomier as the bistro tables were very small. The staff was all very friendly with multiple people saying hello and asking us about our experience. One can tell that they are trying to build a happy clientele.

I ordered the chicken fried chicken. The chicken was very tasty and well cooked - moist and delicious. The sausage gravy was also very strong. It was served over grits -one of my favorites - but I was disappointed in the grits. Grits are a lot like risotto, when done correctly in can be amazing but when done not well it can be a real fail. Overall though, the dish was enjoyable. My wife ordered the cheeseburger and was pleased with it. We also split an order of the daily mac and cheese - which that day was stuffed pepper. It was inventive with the pepper and sausage mixture throughout the dish. We enjoyed it thoroughly.

Brunch came with a choice of "all day" mimosas. Unfortunately, the mimosas were a disappointment as clearly it was heavy on the OJ and light on the champagne. Listen, I get it, people might drink a lot of them - but in that case, raise the price, because I'm willing to pay more for what I want - a good tasting mimosa versus a glass of OJ with a splash of champagne in it.

Overall however it was a good experience and we will most likely visit again. Maybe this time however I'll just order a drink from the bar.

1  Thank dganderson2014