“Great appetizers! So-so softito salads. ”
Review of Sofrito

Sofrito
Reserve with OpenTable
Sofrito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 266 Restaurants in White Plains
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: metro north
Description: A Taste of Puerto Rico in the heart of Westchester. "The food at this spot is better than in Puerto Rico" Hot. Sophisticated. Sabroso. Sofrito is initially defined as an aromatic mix of herbs and spices, used as a base flavoring and seasoning in Latin food. At Sofrito, the aromatic mix includes authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine, magnificent world music, Caribbean atmosphere, delightful living room and dining room decor along with professional courteous service taking you back to La Isla Del Encanto. Welcome to mi casa, su casa....Sofrito
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

On extended business for nearly 7 months in the area, I frequented Sofrito on a number of locations. The waitresses are very friendly and the appetizers are really delicious.

Don't miss out on the plantain- wrapped in bacon it is exceptional as is the lobster taco.

In fairness, have food allergies, so I could only live vicariously through other diners who had scrumptious portions brought to their tables. But I was disappointed when I told that they seemed unwilling to make any modifications whatsoever.
I was staying at this really nice Cambria hotel just a couple blocks away.

On one occasion, I had a limited amount of time to grab lunch, so I walked to Sofrito for lunch sand waited in the doorway for nearly 10 minutes before I was seated.

The restaurant was nearly completely empty with just one couple dining at the bar, so I gave up and walked over to take my lunch there. The bartender referred me back to the restaurant area where eventually a waitress came and asked me what I would like to have for lunch. By that time I was 20 minutes into my lunch hour

The waitress was going back-and-forth so many times to request options of the chef that I eventually just asked her to ask the chef what he would like to make me.

One would expect a good chef to be able to do a workaround with so many great ingredients at his fingertips. After all that, my only option was a salad. Really? A salad!

What could I do? At that point, I was 35 minutes into my lunch break. So I ordered the grilled jumbo shrimp over mixed greens. I knew that would be quick because shrimp just takes a minute or two to cook properly.

Well, the chef must've been on siesta, because By the time the salad came to the table my lunch hour was completely finished. I had to pack it to go. AND it was a total waste of money. my grilled jumbo shrimp salad had 6or 7 "30-count" Shrimp (hardly jumbo) over a cup of mediocre, day-old greens. And it came in at a whopping $16 on the lunch menu. Aye aye aye carumba!

So, so, so...Stay away from the Sofrito salads-

Nonetheless, I would still recommend Sofritos for diners with no food allergies or restrictions who want a high-quality meal at a reasonable price in a trendy setting.

There are newer reviews for Sofrito

Reviewed 2 December 2015

Had lunch here while on a mid week romantic getaway with my boyfriend at the Ritz. Food was great. Loved the 3 leches dessert. am sure all of the food is amazing

Reviewed 20 November 2015

As a place to sit down and eat, I love the food but the music is ridiculously loud during dinner time. We'll definitely return for lunch when the restaurant seems quieter.

There's a salsa club downstairs that's a lot of fun on Saturday nights, however drinks are pretty expensive. If you're looking to dance, I'd recommend dropping by after you've finished drinking somewhere cheaper.

1  Thank Aileen T
Reviewed 28 October 2015

I am a regular at Sofritos and I normally go there at least 3 times a week. I have never had a problem until last week. They over charged my card and a mistake that I was told was made on their part and apologized profusely to me. I was told that if I had any issues with my account "please don't hesitate to come back and we will do anything to clear this up". A few days later I go back and their story changed. I really can't get mad at the rest of the people at the restaurant for one person but I will say she left a serious bad taste in my mouth. The attitude, the nastiest response and lack of sympathy I was given from this woman was very unacceptable for a frequent patron. It sucks that I even had to experience this because I really love going there. As of right now, I can't go back there. To be told that it's not their problem that I had an issue for a mistake that they clearly made is beyond disrespectful. Needless to say, I was out of character after the lack of willingness to accept responsibility for their mistake. The sorry excuse as to why this happened is so sad because she refused to admit that they did anything wrong. At this point, I won't be back there.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

Great Puerto Rican Food !! The service was right on and the food was prepared beautifully. There is a hopping bar and cool art deco atmosphere. Have been here a few times and the food has been consistently good. I highly recommend this restaurant.