“"One and done"”
Review of Bubba's BBQ - CLOSED

Bubba's BBQ
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Bubba's BBQ is the perfect location to sit back and relax. Each week day we offer great appetizer and drink specials down in our Bar. White Lake is just outside the back door and makes it so easy to kick back and enjoy the lake breeze. Boaters will enjoy our docks. Take a seat on one of our two expansive decks and enjoy a meal, a drink and the scenic view. Catching a show at Bethel Woods? Save time and money by stopping in for our Bubba's Buffet every weekend and any concert night from Memorial Weekend through Labor Day Weekend! Plus receive 10% off any entrée with your show or museum ticket stub.
Reviewed 14 July 2016

The nicest parts of going to Bubba's were the wait staff and the view of white lake! The young workers were very attentive and fast! The lake view was breathtaking. The food was average. The flies were numerous around the buffet trays.

Date of visit: June 2016
AnnMarie W, Manager at Bubba's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

We appreciate and value your opinion. I must apologize that the food did not meet your expectations and the flies were bothersome. I am happy to hear that my staff was attentive and fast :) I truly hope that you will give us another try so we can have the opportunity to change your mind.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Went to Bubba's BBQ on Father's Day 2016. Sat outside on the deck overlooking beautiful White Lake. Not only was the server attentive, the hostess stopped several times at our table to see if all was well. We had a party of 7, so the gratuity of 18% was built in (is for parties of 6 or more). But service was well worth it. The food was very good and there is not better atmosphere in the summer than eating while watching boats and jet skis go by on White Lake. Worth a stop if you like BBQ and if you don't they have enough menu items that are not BBQ to satisfy your appetite.

Date of visit: June 2016

Thank you for your review! We always love to hear positive feedback and hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

You need to try the shrimp on the skewers. My daughter had the meal then she had to have the appetizer because she loved it very much

Date of visit: May 2016
AnnMarie W, Manager at Bubba's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Thank you for sharing your daughter's favorite item on the menu. I also happen to love the shrimp skewers myself :) We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again this season!

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I've visited Bubba's BBQ with a friend either for lunch or dinner 3 or 4 times since they reopened for the 2016 summer season. Bubba's has a new and improved menu for 2016 and it's a winner!

Bubba's offers a variety of meals that feature great BBQ, but they serve a lot more than that. They have a great selection of tasty appetizers and sides. My friend is crazy about their chicken wings appetizer and pulled chicken dishes. She said she's dreamed about their pulled chicken. I've ordered the BBQ roasted chicken, the ribs and their signature burger. The BBQ chicken had crispy skin and was very moist and tender. The ribs were tender and just plain perfect. They also have some options for vegetarians, such as cheese quesadillas and veggie burgers. The available side dishes include an awesome corn pudding and crispy sweet potato fries. If you have room after your meal, it's worth checking out their desserts.

Bubba's BBQ sauce, which I am told is home-made, is worthy of special mention. It's smoky and, unlike many BBQ sauces, was not too sweet. It's worth slathering on all your BBQ.

The hostess and waitstaff are all very nice -- friendly, informal and they keep a watchful eye out to get you anything you need. The restaurant is lakefront, and you can sit outdoors by the lake or get a great view of the lake from inside the restaurant.

Bubba's also offers a buffet that hasn't yet opened for the summer. That's something else to look forward to.

Date of visit: May 2016

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Bubba's BBQ. Our goal is to satisfy 100% of our customers! And we are happy that we have satisfied you and your friend. Have a great day and hope to see y'all soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We saw the Bubba's sign the year before and vowed we'd stop in on our next trip to Bethel Woods. Well...The view was beautiful and the staff wonderful. That's where it ended. I had a dried out BBQ half chicken. My husband had pulled pork that should have been called PUSHED pork. Needless to say, we both spent the next day visiting the throne and not feeling like royality!!! PASS on this one!!!!

Date of visit: September 2015
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
AnnMarie W, Manager at Bubba's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

I noticed you had this experience back in September 2015. I'm disappointed that you had this experience and I would like the opportunity to invite you back this 2016 season to give us another try. We have a new kitchen manager who has a passion for bbq food and many years of experience. Feedback (whether good or bad) is a learning tool and we take each and every one seriously. Thank you for yours and I hope that you will give us another try.