“Keep going back for more”
Review of Bubba's BBQ - CLOSED

Bubba's BBQ
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Bubba's BBQ is the perfect location to sit back and relax. Each week day we offer great appetizer and drink specials down in our Bar. White Lake is just outside the back door and makes it so easy to kick back and enjoy the lake breeze. Boaters will enjoy our docks. Take a seat on one of our two expansive decks and enjoy a meal, a drink and the scenic view. Catching a show at Bethel Woods? Save time and money by stopping in for our Bubba's Buffet every weekend and any concert night from Memorial Weekend through Labor Day Weekend! Plus receive 10% off any entrée with your show or museum ticket stub.
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

You need to try the shrimp on the skewers. My daughter had the meal then she had to have the appetizer because she loved it very much

Date of visit: May 2016
AnnMarie W, Manager at Bubba's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Thank you for sharing your daughter's favorite item on the menu. I also happen to love the shrimp skewers myself :) We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again this season!

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I've visited Bubba's BBQ with a friend either for lunch or dinner 3 or 4 times since they reopened for the 2016 summer season. Bubba's has a new and improved menu for 2016 and it's a winner!

Bubba's offers a variety of meals that feature great BBQ, but they serve a lot more than that. They have a great selection of tasty appetizers and sides. My friend is crazy about their chicken wings appetizer and pulled chicken dishes. She said she's dreamed about their pulled chicken. I've ordered the BBQ roasted chicken, the ribs and their signature burger. The BBQ chicken had crispy skin and was very moist and tender. The ribs were tender and just plain perfect. They also have some options for vegetarians, such as cheese quesadillas and veggie burgers. The available side dishes include an awesome corn pudding and crispy sweet potato fries. If you have room after your meal, it's worth checking out their desserts.

Bubba's BBQ sauce, which I am told is home-made, is worthy of special mention. It's smoky and, unlike many BBQ sauces, was not too sweet. It's worth slathering on all your BBQ.

The hostess and waitstaff are all very nice -- friendly, informal and they keep a watchful eye out to get you anything you need. The restaurant is lakefront, and you can sit outdoors by the lake or get a great view of the lake from inside the restaurant.

Bubba's also offers a buffet that hasn't yet opened for the summer. That's something else to look forward to.

Date of visit: May 2016

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Bubba's BBQ. Our goal is to satisfy 100% of our customers! And we are happy that we have satisfied you and your friend. Have a great day and hope to see y'all soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We saw the Bubba's sign the year before and vowed we'd stop in on our next trip to Bethel Woods. Well...The view was beautiful and the staff wonderful. That's where it ended. I had a dried out BBQ half chicken. My husband had pulled pork that should have been called PUSHED pork. Needless to say, we both spent the next day visiting the throne and not feeling like royality!!! PASS on this one!!!!

Date of visit: September 2015
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
AnnMarie W, Manager at Bubba's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

I noticed you had this experience back in September 2015. I'm disappointed that you had this experience and I would like the opportunity to invite you back this 2016 season to give us another try. We have a new kitchen manager who has a passion for bbq food and many years of experience. Feedback (whether good or bad) is a learning tool and we take each and every one seriously. Thank you for yours and I hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go out to dinner with our 11 month old daughter and we ended up at Bubbas! I'm from the south so when I get BBQ I am very picky. My wife had the pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries, I had the "BIG BOY" with 3 meats (brisket,ribs,1/4 chicken) Mac n cheese and mashed taters. My wife absolutely loved the pulled pork. She said it was so tender and juicy which was amazing because a lot of places have dry pork. Also the fries were out of this world! My brisket was honestly one of the most tender brisket plates that I've had from a restaurant. The ribs literally fell off the bone, the only thing that could have been better was a little more sauce. But there was sauce on the table for me to put on myself. The chicken was also really good and not dry. The Mac and cheese you could tell by the look and taste it was 100% home made. It was delicious. And the mashed were also home made and good also. Now the most important part...My daughter LOVED the corn pudding, we literally couldn't stop feeding it to her or she would scream! I also had a bite and it was very sweet but in a good way. I've never seen corn pudding up north since I've been here so I was surprised to see it on the menu! All in all we were very impressed with everything, we had no complaints. I've heard a few people say they were here previous years and it wasn't that great but, the new cooks/chefs they have definitely know what they're doing this year! I highly recommend if you want good southern style BBQ you go to Bubbas BBQ!

Date of visit: April 2016

We are thankful that you and your family chose our restaurant to eat. We appreciate the wonderful review because we strive on making every customer (young or old) happy with a full belly and a great experience at Bubba's BBQ. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Decided on barbecue for the evening and went to Bubba's BBQ in White Lake, New York in the Catskill Mountains. I'm a fan of BBQ, well prepared BBQ. A rack of pork ribs, done right, and I will lay down my arms and sit at the table with you.

Two guys, both named Gary so the story goes, bought this place, hired staff and started cooking. The menu is a tad thin; perhaps, in time, it will flesh it out. The side dishes are adequate. The barbecued baked beans were candy sweet but the corn bread a little dry. But I didn't exactly have side dishes in mind on our arrival.

The beer offerings were nice and diverse. I chose a very hoppy brew from the Coney Island Brewing Company, Overpass IPA. The server recommended it when I asked for their IPAs. This lady knows her brews.

I ordered a full rack of pork ribs. They came large, 14 or so ribs bbq'd in a rich and delicious manner. I come from New York City and while St. Louis, Chicago and Louisiana are the BBQ rib meccas, being part of such a cosmopolitan city means I get to taste the best this world has to offer. I know what I like in BBQ ribs.

Gary, or Gary, damn! I mean Damn! Thanks for the treat. Those ribs literally dropped from the bone, they were so tender and juicy. The smoky aroma and that sauce, you done right. I asked our server to disclose the brand of BBQ sauce at the table. She only offered that it was homemade, not commercial. That means I get to hate you guys because I can't just buy it. I'm sorry I did not try the gumbo or jambalaya. That will await other forays to this restaurant with a spectacular view of White Lake in the Catskill mountains. My bride chose their fried chicken dinner with sweet potato fries. She loved it.

A subsequent visit yielded a taste of the Big Bubba Burger: a large, delicious, grilled burger drowned in BBQ sauce, Monterey Jack cheese and mushrooms.

We were on vacation, last August when first we visited. We've returned twice and to quote the Series 800, Cyberdyne Systems Terminator, Model 101, "I'll be back."

Date of visit: April 2016
AnnMarie W, General Manager at Bubba's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words and telling your Bubbamazing experience! We love to hear experiences like yours. I'm happy that you read the story on the back of our menu on how Bubba's "came about". Our new Pit Master was thrilled to hear your comments about the food and our secret sauce! The ribs are my personal favorite too. I really appreciate your time and feedback. I feel that our 2016 season will be our best! We hope y'all come back soon!!