“Perfect Cosmopolitans & Dinners on Date Night ”

Stonehedge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in West Park
Price range: US$15 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

First, it's Stonehedge, not Stonehenge. It'd have been a lot quicker to make this review had I noticed there wasn't an "N". ;-)

We arrived later than it seems most folks in the area dine out. We arrived (called ahead too) and there were several options for seating for two by 8pm.

The dining room was small and seemed it'd be a lot busier than it was due to the amount of parked cars outside, possibly because half of the business locale seems to be dedicated to private events.

There was an abundance of outdoor tables that no one seemed to be occupying. I'd think more people would take advantage of that beautiful outdoor space!

We were sat very quickly and service was very prompt. As a bit of a restauranteur I noticed that my cocktail, a cosmopolitan, was perfectly pink but the dining room lights were not as dimmed as much as they should have for proper ambience.

Our meals were completely satisfactory, if not beyond. The "special" my partner had was said to have "the perfect ratio" of vegetables, meat and pasta. I, personally, special ordered crab cakes on a spinach salad with vinaigrette, in which the kitchen did a superb job!!

Given the expertise of the bartender, the quality of the fare and wait service, I did not expect to walk out the door with a check less than $100, which we did! Despite the quality of it all, and which everyone should, we tipped based on quality of food and service and and not the amount on the check.

Our server came outside to thank us as we were leaving. Which, if she ever gets word of this review, please thank her for us! Honestly, with the fare and service at the quality we received, no one should have to give such gratitude for their own service. However, it felt really great to receive. ;-)

We hope to be back again and that everything is just as pleasant when we do.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Keep going on this place unless you want to haft to go home and cook afterwards to fill your family up. Let me describe this mediocre dining experience from a well versed restaurant diner. The place is known for its small portions but to the point of ridiculous I did not expect. I won't use the word chef but I can see a cook back there measuring everything to the ounce and trying to arrange it on the plate like you didn't get ripped off. You may be able to pull that off if food is exceptional or great atmosphere which neither are present. Got stuffed clams for appetizer and basically to clam shells full of bread without a trace of clam to be found. Got meatloaf that was to spiced that stunk the room up and again one two by four slice with a razor thin slice underneath arranged to present an illusion. Don't be taken in by the appetizer, entree,dessert specials. They take it out on the entree. My daughter's main meal chicken was literally the size of a cigarette pack and less than a quarter inch thick. I felt so bad I had to give her part of my dinner. I know your thinking these people are heathen but we are an average family of four, average eaters of average weight who spent 170 dollars to leave feeling skunked. Only thing I can say is waiter was good. You are better off going to diner up road which isn't great either but better than Stonehenge

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Whether looking for that something special or hoping for an "always special" meal, Stonehedge never disappoints. The staff succeeds in making any meal there enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Went here last night for a Mother's Day Dinner. Price compare to other places. We had a big range of dishes at our table. We all enjoyed our food and service. we go again

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I have to say that after 20+ years living in the area and dining there, The Stonehedge Restaurant is THE BEST restaurant to dine in. The staff is always attentive, courteous, and cheerful! The food is EXCELLENT!!! Its always consistent and you will NEVER get a bad meal there. It is a family owned restaurant and have made it our "family" restaurant as well. You will never be disappointed. Prices are very reasonable too.

Been to Stonehedge Restaurant? Share your experiences!