“Emu Australia slippers sold here made in China!!”

Yallingup Shearing Shed
Book In Advance
More Info
US$650.41*
and up
3-Day Margaret River Tour and Valley of the...
Ranked #10 of 25 things to do in Yallingup
More attraction details
Owner description: A Real Australian Sheep Farm Hand Feed Sheep For Fabulous Holiday Photos. View The Old Shearing Shed And Learn About The Famous Australian Wool Industry.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited here and saw that they sell boots and slippers made by Emu Australia with a Made in Australia swing label attached. I pointed out to the sales ladies that my Emu slippers came with a Made in China label, and they were not interested.
I bought a pair of ladies slippers online thinking I was buying an Australian product. Wrong. The Emu Australia web site is cleverly worded to mislead you into believing everything is Australian. My slippers arrived with a Made in China label inside. So I went back to the website and discovered the only claim to being made here is the Platinum range. No mention of where the others are made. So, no false advertising just cleverly lying by omission. After a couple of months and being worn a dozen or so times the "sheepskin" on the innersole has worn away and it is clearly synthetic. I can see the fabric is a woven material underneath. I have since bought a pair made by UGG and learned that a claim of Australian made can be used even where some of the manufacture has been done overseas. I will never buy from Emu again, If you want to buy Australian don't buy these.

2  Thank lyntraveller50
Yvonne B, Owner at Yallingup Shearing Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

All slippers sold at YALLINGUP SHEARING SHED are made in Australia.
All adult slippers are made from pure sheepskin.
We are not responsible for goods people choose to buy online.
Shop local.

in 9 reviews
"slippers"
"range"

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to stop if you want to buy jumpers or cardigans or hats and much more made from wool. There's a good range.

For those who want to know a bit more about where the wool came from originally, there's access to the old shearing shed with wool, yards, wool press, wool table, shears, combes and much more to do with shearing. Well worth popping into and it's free.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We were passing and decided to go organise birthday present for hubby. We had a 13 and 4 year old and they both fell in love with these sheep. So calm and stable and were happy to be interacted with both ages. My daughter and I bought what we wanted anD the girls enjoyed the sheep. Great place.

1  Thank Keza_WA
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

There's no entrance fee but also there's nothing to do except for checking out the wool outfit and feeding the sheep. A bowl of sheep food for AUD 1. No more show as Steve already retired.

3  Thank JustineLow
Yvonne B, Owner at Yallingup Shearing Shed, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

You visited our farm while on holiday. The opportunity to enter a farm in Western Australian is rare so I cannot understand why you gave such a negative review.

Steve retired after 25 years of fabulous shows.

Visitors are now welcome to hand feed sheep which is great for holiday photos. We have opened the old shearing shed for people to wander through and see and read about the wonderful Australian Wool Industry.

A display of wool products throughout our shop is an opportunity to see how wonderful,natural wool fibres can be made into such of huge array of garments.

Happy days to all people on holidays! Enjoy.