“Great place to stay off highway 87”

Best Western New Baltimore Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Coxsackie
Margate City, New Jersey
“Great place to stay off highway 87”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I travel into the area quite often and have been staying at the hotel for a number of years. The conveniently located Best Western will give you excellent value for your money. The rooms are spacious, clean and very well appointed. The breakfast offering is quite sufficient and there is a small but more than adequate fitness room. Most important, the staff is extremely competent, warm and welcoming, always going out of their way for me. I can't imagine you'd be anything but very satisfied after your stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This is a really nice hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SavyTraveler60763
Harry N, Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Savytraveler-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words and hope you will stop at our hotel the next time you are in West Coxsackie, New York.
ny
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We booked a room in OCT for one night in november then had to cancel I called the hotel to cancel Nov 11th from work because we couldnt go the women who answered looked it up by my name seeing they never gave me a reservation number and said she canceled it believing this I never thought about it until weeks later they charged my credit card 196.00 assuming it was a error I called the manager told me to bad it never got canceled and to prove I cancelled I explained it was my employers phone and I cannot access records as I am not a account holder , she was rude refused any corp or owner information I am truly upset and shocked at her level or professionalism.I have filed a complaint with the BBB and am waiting on corp to make a decision as to whether I should be refunded for a stay that never happened this is such a shame a business just lost a loyal customer I will never stay with this hotel chain again OTHER BEWARE

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
bw12600, Manager at Best Western New Baltimore Inn, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Dear nylynn
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I understand your frustration. In response to your review, it is our policy to give cancellation numbers during the initial phone call. As we discussed, if you can forward us evidence of this cancellation we are more than happy to accommodate you in this matter. It is our desire to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Norma
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed here for one night only on our way from Rochester to NYC. When we pulled up there appeared to be a frat party happening outside on the front lawn. This got me a bit worried about noise in the room while we tried to sleep. I heard nothing once we got into our room. The beds were comfortable, the room was very clean. The bathroom was extremely clean. The desk workers were friendly. It was a bit expensive but we got one of the last rooms available and didn't book ahead. The kids enjoyed the pool. I would go back - it was a good place to spend the night.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CanadianTraveller467
NJ
Reviewed 4 February 2011

First I want everyone to know I don't stay at a Best Western unless it is American owned and I am a travel agent. We ended up staying at this hotel because the other hotels do not take dogs , which we travel with two. When given the phone number I did not know it was a best Western or I wouldn't have given it a chance for which am glad fate had other idea's.

What a fantastic surprise of our stay of 3 days in this hotel. We stayed in a suite which the room was the size of my two rooms in my house.( I have a large home in New Jersey) It was large and clean and spacious.My husband and I were pleasantly surprised how big the room was. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and a king size bed that looked very small in the big room. The bed by no means was small and comfortable so comfortable I would like to buy one for my house. The bedspread was white and very clean an we laid our own blankets on the bed to keep the bed still white after we left. The Bedspread was light weight and very very warm when laying underneath again I would love one for my house since it was so light and so warm. I could have the room as warm or as cold as I liked which is hard to find in a hotel with a bottom floor room. We had a Jacuzzi in the room which my husband enjoyed every night on returning back to the room.
The room smelled very nice which is strange for a pets room we have stayed in many that was a nightmare in the past. This hotel was fantastic how clean it was no bad smells in our room or hallway. The noise , no noise it even snowed for 2 days they did a great job clearing it away for us to travel if needed. We did not hear them outside even being on the ground floor.

They had idea's of good restaurants in the area in the blue book and we so enjoyed the Quarry what fantastic food we had there and wished we ate there every night but we tried many while we were there. I did not know that they have been allot of stars that have come to this area and there was a movie that was done in the area. We explored the town and what a nice one. It takes you back in time when life was simple and we weren't so much in a hurry.

In this hotel they have done many very nice upgrades to every part and will be doing more I was told. Yes the back door had a problem they are working on it don;t we have problems at home and it is part of life that not everything works perfect but I can say they listened and tried to fix any and all complaints I had in a reasonable time, like the back door and the candy machine that doesn't like change it likes dollars. I was given my candy bar without hesitation.

My room was cleaned daily and they were great with my dogs which my German Shepard by looks not actions is scary.
Since my husband was going for training yes he was up @ 8am to go an more then likely we made noise,not trying too but the hotel is not respond able for our being noisy. We had no complaints so I think the walls are thicker then any other hotel we have been in. Yes, in CA. we had the guards at the hotel ask us to hold it down since the walls were paper thin and the people could hear us talking. The walls at the Best Western New Baltimore Inn hotel were not like this. We never heard a noise from another person or room while we were there. Yes, they had workers there for the power plants they were quit and respectful.

The breakfast room was very clean and the food was the same as any other hotel we had stayed in but cleaner then some we have been too. The room is as big as most we have been too. We had a TV to listen to while eating 4 different types of cereal, muffins and bagels all soft and very good tasting. There was boiled eggs made fresh every day and a chance to make waffles and the waffle machines looked new and worked too very well. We ate breakfast there every day. It was nice going down and feeling like home people talked to you when you talked back or left you alone if this what you wanted. All in all I feel they have done a great job with the breakfast room and the food they serve. almost forgot the banana's they had fresh and not over yellow. The coffee is Maxwell and was made not strong as most places it was nice to drink a cup of coffee without the spoon standing up in it. They have done a great job with this idea.

They have a exercise room and have new machines inside. The pool was small but not any smaller then any other hotel I have been at. It was clean the water clear and not strong orders like some others I have been too.

The front desk was very polite and informative and as I said tried to fix any complaints or questions I had. I felt very at ease at this hotel.

They have 2 washers and 2 dryers that are clean and works, the area around it was very spotless. The price was 1.50 for drying 1.50 for washing. I washed clothes everyday and not once did I see it a mess in the area. This is the normal pricing for washing clothes at a hotel the difference is how clean the area was. There was soap left in one of the rooms and the maid took it to the laundry room and left it for others to use for free. I have never seen this at another hotel.

Ask me would I stay there again? Yes whole heartedly. Yes, I would send people there for the ones the want a good value down home atmosphere and a clean room.

The surprise to me the hotel is not American owned and the new owner is very update and very aware of how nice a hotel should be and working on getting the the Best Western brand back to it's glory. The new owner is working on updating this hotel and I am glad that fate had me stay at this hotel .

There was free internet and it worked better then any bigger hotel brand I have been too.

If you have any more question be sure to call me 609 653 8800.

I am writing this review from my own personel experince I am not being paid to give this review good or bad.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
26.1 km away
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany
20.5 km away
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort

Been to Best Western New Baltimore Inn? Share your experiences!